Search results

1. C

DAC for industrial vibration data

Well. I ended up with a Topping DX3 Pro+. I am achieving a peak voltage of ~3.02V, which we round to 3V and at <1% error is suitable for our needs and use, for example, 3V is 30 engineering units, i.e. 0.1V/EU. Two dummy values are added to the raw data eg +/-30, then the data is converted to a...
  2. C

This may be the best answer here (noting that others have accurately answered the posted question), you're looking through the question to the underlying problem. NI gear is an option. So why an Audio DAC? I'm exploring the audio option to see if it is a simple option. Our data is ~3-10,000Hz...
  3. C

Great test, exactly the scenario we would face. Offline upsampling is possible, just at the expense of disk storage space. regards -ced
  4. C

Additionally, how would these type of dacs handle wav files with sample rates eg 500hz, 1000hz or 5000hz? Obviously far from the standard 44.1 and 48 etc. Are they upsampled by software or the dac or simply output at the stored sample rate?
  5. C

You have answered my future question with playback recommendations - foobar, thanks. Going off your comments our load impendence of >100kΩ should have a negligible effect on the Vp then.
  6. C

Thanks for the idea, certainly an option. My concern with variable control is the signal could be inadvertently modified with gain if the user doesn't set it correctly. Using the line out removes this possible source of error.
  7. C

I have lots of vibration (acceleration) data from industry stored in mono wav files. I'm looking for a DAC to playback the files into another system that only accepts an analogue voltage input. The peak voltage level is of most importance as that sets the amplitude of the data in the signal. The...
Top Bottom