Search results

1. B

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

At least for me, it is more like a $88.36 with shipping. I bought a Fosi V3 + 48V5A PSU first gen amp for $88 with free shipping from their store. Runs cool and it's competently designed with 63V elcos and 100V Wima caps in the output filter. Can it be better? Sure. But the Fosi V3 is safe to...
  2. B

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Not excited, but a good move in the right direction. - Single ended input is worse than A7 Max, Fosi V3 & ZA3. - Subwoofer output practically unusable for most users. Regular active stereo line output will be a much more usable solution that can also be used to connect a subwoofer. - 10 Amps...
  3. B

Aiyima A07/ A07 Max OP Amps The Same?

Moving from NE5532 to technically and measurably superior LM4562 I can understand. The PCB layout and voltage filtering is decent on all of these popular TPA325x amps. It is well documented with reputable measurements and we can safely assume that the circuit will be free of oscillations most...
  4. B

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

Measurements are from one reputable Ukrainian audio forum. Here is a link for Aiyima A07 Max thread and YouTube review. Results with 36V / 6A PSU: Carrier frequency of TPA3255 = 450 kHz Load 4 Ohm = 21.5V, 115W per channel, both channels driven Load 8 Ohm = 21.0V, 55W per channel, both...
  5. B

I hope you changed all the 50V caps in the power line, not just the "big" ones.
  6. B

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Thanks @amirm for this long awaited review. Any particular reason for using FL2 filter, except it's default? FL4 filter looks more effective one and probably will give much better THD+N vs frequency measured result (especially at the higher frequencies). So, if you have some free time to...
  7. B

There's some improvements compered to the old A07 like better cooling, mono option, substantial speaker terminals and higher quality parts. Still not "perfect" or best in class IMHO. - Using 2200uF / 50V cap for filtering with 48V PSU is plain wrong! Fosi in their V3 amp uses two 2200uF / 63V...
  8. B

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

I didn't comment about clipping, but clean power before distortion rise. If we go by the clipping numbers, we have close results with Fosi Audio V3 (48V PSU and strictly 20 Hz measurement, nothing else compered).
  9. B

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

@amirm thanks for one more professional review. :) Can we safely assume that this latest version of Hypex NC252MP module going from bad to worse with only 50 clean watts per channel at 20 Hz? This is not a critique of assembler Buckeye, but Hypex. They need to move forward, we are closing 2023...
  10. B

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

After @amirm review, this is probably the second best. :) 32V/5A: 48V/5A: And burst dynamic power in 2 Ohms! :cool:
  11. B

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Thanks for the review @amirm. You just forgot the crosstalk measurement to be complete. Not that I'm expecting any problems there. Superior measurements aside, it's hard to ignore that Fosi V3 has double the power (141 vs 71 watts at 4 Ohms) for half of the price. To each their own, I guess.
  12. B

New Topping PA5 MKII in the works

Sorry but you are wrong. Or just use the same standards for old PA5, new RA3 and this PA5 II (Plus). They all are based on the same TPA3251 with PFFB and have similar measured results. If you like to have accurate list of amps, this one (PA5 II Plus (or minus)) must be in the same basket like...
  13. B

New Topping PA5 MKII in the works

And where did it come from? Or I'm missing something... Official Topping measurement are a "little" bit different: Let's not forget that the THD+N "knee" is at around 0.0006 %, unattainable value for vast majority of amplifiers produced in the last century.
  14. B

Fascinating. And what measuring equipment you used to find difference in power output 'after an few days of burn in'? I hope you have the numbers before and after burn in to enlighten us.
  15. B

Who cares if it will be smaller for a few mm2. It must be 48V/10A for TPA3255 amps you offer and one 38V/10A for future products with TPA3251. I don't care if it will be GaN or not, I want 10 ampere sustained load for any of them. :) And please @Fosi Audio do a fully balanced products with...
  16. B

No! Capacitors are glued to the PCB, probably you wouldn't have the same problem with rattling capacitor like @amirm with test example. Thermal paste is for the metal part on the TPA3255 and the case. Not needed of course, but can be useful in better transfer of heat to the case. A few more...
  17. B

Bad quality glue, but (I guess) second batch will be better. Heat transfer paste is not obligatory (or needed) like @amirm said (heat transfer is good), but if you have a spare drop or two of your everlasting Arctic MX-4 tube, You know what to do. Much better (and safe) tweak than changing...
  18. B

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

New review of Fosi Audio V3 with measurements and comparation with Aiyima A07 on some new YouTube channel. Great results BTW, and whopping 220W (1% THD) with 48V PSU (not original one from Fosi if I'm right). Also Fosi Audio V3 can persist more stressing (with 48V PSU) thanks to better...
  19. B

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Andrew's view on cheap 'small' amps. Fosi BT20A Pro not that bad at the and, after all. :)
  20. B

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Channel Amp Review

Great review @amirm, but where are power vs frequency vs distortion and FFT switching frequency spectrum graphs? :)
Top Bottom