Search results

1. N

Track Time Discrepancy

I was testing recording a digital signal as an analog file using two difference DACs. I won't mention the DAC name here for now, but what I found was a discrepancy between the two DACs in the length of the analog output. Anyone seen anything like this? Here are examples of two tracks that I...
  2. N

EC as in Electrical Conductivity

Different materials have different EC. WE all know that. The question is what effect does it have on the audio signal? For example: Instead of pure copper wire, what if I use pure silver wire? What difference should I hear? or would I be able to hear? Also instead of gold plated (some kind of...
  3. N

Frankenstein or Mozart?

I always wanted speakers with paper cones since my first love was a Philips Hi-Fi system owned by my father and which had 8" paper cones, and for me they set the benchmark for tonality and quality of music reproduced. This was in 1969. However, all speakers that were available thereafter were...
  4. N

Do all DACs sound the same?

In a double blind test, will all DACs sound the same given that the DAC is the only variable in that test? Same room, same song, same amplifier, same speakers, same cords and cables.
Top Bottom