Search results

1. Grobbelboy

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

The bass bump around 100Hz is clearly more pronounced on the Noire than the E3, that likely causes the difference you’re hearing.
  2. Grobbelboy

What are your top 3 IEM ?

3. 7Hz Zero 2. The stock tuning sounds a bit too boomy and lacks upper treble, but with the filters Amir provided in his review, these compare with the best of the best. Fantastic distortionless sound. 2. Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus. I’m listening to these for 4+ years (mainly during jogging now)...
  3. Grobbelboy

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

The production date of mine is somewhere in November 2022, so not one of the earliest batches, but it shows the driver in the same way.
  4. Grobbelboy

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Love 'em as well, with an estimated 250 hours of listening so far. I do EQ the 105Hz bump down a bit and add a small subbass boost around 50Hz, as well as a high shelf filter >3.000Hz of around 1.5dB. With those in place it is as neutral as I've ever heard any OE headphone.
  5. Grobbelboy

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

I also had no problem listening loud enough to my EQ’d Noire on the unbalanced connection of the Qudelix. Only wished it could get a bit louder when listening to certain quietly mixed music, like the classic Pixies albums.
  6. Grobbelboy

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Sorry for going off topic but could you perhaps briefly explain why you went for the E3 instead of the Stealth as your current daily driver?
  7. Grobbelboy

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Nah, that’s diffuse field target. The Zero 2 EQ’ed to Harman with the filters that Amir provided sounds significantly better than the stock tuning. [edit] In reaction to Music1969
  8. Grobbelboy

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

If anything, whenever one of these incoherent, unsubstantiated and hilariously overconfident posts comes along again, it only strengthens my appreciation for ASR.
  9. Grobbelboy

Not a bad idea to get a Qudelix (also easily useable with a phone) if only to be able to apply the suggested EQ by Amir, which instantly makes the Zero 2 endgame audio gear.
  10. Grobbelboy

When you apply the filters Amir provided in the review, these are brilliant full stop. No IEM that’s 4 times, 5 times or 100 times as expensive will offer anything more worthy of note.
  11. Grobbelboy

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

I connected this with my Qudelix 5K to try some EQ for the first time and holy moly, a simple low-shelf filter (75Hz, 2.2dB and Q0.8) and peak filter (13000Hz, -4dB and Q4.8) offer a truly surprising improvement. With deep, distortion-less bass, super impressive staging and overall perfectly...
  12. Grobbelboy

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Why wouldn’t you count sub bass?
  13. Grobbelboy

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

This makes no sense at all. You're just throwing "sound quality" in there for no reason. It's all about the Susvara's popularity among audiophiles and its hard-to-drive notoriety, sound quality isn't a factor in any of this.
  14. Grobbelboy

That's a good point. I figured that maybe a comparison could be made based on their respective frequency responses, but of course that doesn't take into account the potentionally different behaviour of the E3 on the head compared to Stealh.
  15. Grobbelboy

Question for @Dan Clark : Based on the below EQ profile that I use for my Stealth, would you say that the E3 is the better match for my taste? Of course I’m not holding you accountable for anything
  16. Grobbelboy

That’s false. For one Amir does use the Harman in-ear target. Aside from that there’s no general agreement about bad research at all. This all just stems from Crinacle personally not liking the treble of Harman IE and having some anecdotal evidence that his Professional Reviewer friends don’t...
  17. Grobbelboy

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

What exactly does the IE200 do that makes it reproduce "true" detail instead of only giving an impression of it? What is specifically missing in many tracks ("points"?) when listening to the Salnotes? Never encountered anything like this so I'm genuinely curious for specific examples so I can...
  18. Grobbelboy

They just have to hope for the ruse of "technicalities" to be prolonged as long as it possibly can.
  19. Grobbelboy

The need to EQ the midbass and upper treble to my liking makes me glad that I ordered the original Zero last week, to use without any required adjustments. Still, for those that eke more towards this sound signature the Zero 2 is an obvious winner. Can’t believe the performance we’re seeing for...
  20. Grobbelboy

Most websites selling the Stealth and Expanse in EU also offered multiple cable options (often including XLR), so I don't expect this to be different with the E3.
Top Bottom