Search results

1. CamRector

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

I’m in the US and did Ali. No issues at all. Out of stock tho until beginning of April I’ve been told.
  2. CamRector

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

You both seem to think I said something about audiophile caps “sounding” better than some other type of cap. I made no such claim so please stop putting words in my mouth. The audible difference between adding more/larger caps would come from a reduction of noise by filtering. Similar to all the...
  3. CamRector

Responding to your edit. You seem to be putting a lot of words in my mouth and assuming. Firstly the Micro is an unregulated SMPS. Secondly Noise is a problem with ALL switching supplies, but is solvable by physically isolating and ……filtering the supply (Ahem LARGE CAPS!) But Fosi and Aiyima...
  4. CamRector

Cool story 40 years of “experience” surely taught you can add extra capacitors to attenuate undesired electrical noise to the external load and minimize the change in output voltage due to the occurrence of load current transients.
  5. CamRector

I never said the caps make them “sound better”. My point was that they are a higher quality and made to tighter tolerances than what cheap components Fosi and Aiyima have to use. Cheap caps fail. However large capacitance decreases the audio circuit's impedance, limiting the amount of noise...
  6. CamRector

Fosi and Aiyima aren’t going to be able to touch DIY. My 4 channel has 4 caps that cost more than the highest offering these companies offer. The Fosi power supply costs $40 This doesn’t come anywhere near the level of quality of the Micro Audio smps. There is always a market for Hyundai but...
  7. CamRector

Just wanted to say to anyone on the fence about these amps. Do it! And use a micro audio power supply. My 4 channel sounds amazing. Clean, neutral, precise. Not analytical or cold at all! This is high end
  8. CamRector

I’m over $1000 for my 4channel 2 3e 260s =$275 Micro audio smps1k = $270 Mundorf caps =$170 Ghent case = $300 Connectors and wire $100 _______________ Not mad about it at all and still feel like there is a ton of value. I choose the over the top bougey version
  9. CamRector

Micros power supplies will come with what you need. You’ll need 1/4in faston connectors for the 3e boards. Power input and signal output. 2 xlr female connectors Binding posts or speakon connectors Nylon sleeving is just for nice looks and cable management and not needed. Highly recommend the...
  10. CamRector

It’s really all at the beginning. I was a newb too and had zero problems building a 2 channel and 4 channel. My 4channel with a Ghent audio case fits the emi filter Cw2B-10a-T On my 2channel I used the Qualtek 850-10-003. Jeff Rowland uses these in his $15000 amps.
  11. CamRector

You could run it off 1 board no problem and still get 300w@4ohms
  12. CamRector

Bus pumping yes and it was a simple solution to connecting 2 amps to 1 power supply. Lastly to add some bling.
  13. CamRector

Just waiting on my IEC. Nothing too special here 4channel 3e Micro Audio SMPS1k Mundorf caps I really like these Ghent cases. Not flashy but super clean install.
  14. CamRector

Just waiting on my IEC. Nothing too special here 4channel 3e Micro Audio SMPS1k Mundorf caps I really like these Ghent cases. Not flashy but super clean install.
  15. CamRector

"ASH-400 Project" Sylph Audio FB-100 Stereo Module with advanced PFFB

As always great job. I used that same power supply in my first 3e build. Waiting for your subjective comparison between the 3e and this.
Top Bottom