Search results

1. 3

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

I have the older version these with pretty much the same specs. I'm still floored at how good they are for atmos. I also have two pairs of their motorized version ci200qt, one for front heights and one for rear surround that's triggered to come down everytime I turn on my preamp. The rear...
  2. 3

Looking for good IEM's that fit the following criteria:

While I have not heard the dusk, I did just recently sell my blessing 2. And I can say the s8 is a significant step up from the blessing 2. Even eq'ed with the same bass shelf as the dusk, the s8 is pretty big upgrade. That's really saying something since I did really like an eq'ed blessing 2...
  3. 3

Sunfire Cinema Grand Review (5-channel Amp)

This isn’t hindsight for me. I bashed back when it was currently on the market. There were too many brands that produced good sounding gear back then. This was not one of them for me. Was this product unique? Yes. Did it have unique engineering for the time? Yes. For me, where it always...
  4. 3

Sunfire Cinema Grand Review (5-channel Amp)

This amp was my first foray into separates many years ago. The reviews I read about it doubling power at 4 ohms and the "grip and control" it had over speakers really peaked my interest. Unlike Amir, I was actually a fan of how it looked. That nice glow from the meter made me not not care for...
  5. 3

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

I should have been more clear about measurments not telling the whole story. I meant overall, not strictly sonics. Features, build quality etc. For example, I love the features of the d70s. I also like the build quality of it. I had the su9, and returned it for various reasons. Though with the...
  6. 3

I generally do allow for warm up. Even objective data on this site shows some gear "stabilizes" after warm up time. But as far as the d70, I'm not sure the way I use it counts. One feature that I love is the auto on/off feature. I have a roon client that I built and once that starts up, my d70...
  7. 3

Let me give you a good personal example of why some types of subjective opinions are frowned upon here. Many, many years ago in the early days of audio forums, I use to put stock into subjective opinions like these. This led to me wasting thousands on audio equipment that I ended up not liking ...
  8. 3

SPL Phonitor X *Updated* Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I had a buddy years ago who was from the camp "the more you spend, the better it sounded". I was a bit disappointed even then when I came over to listen to it. I also remember he didn't keep it long lol.
  9. 3

Dekonis Earpads sheepskin vs fenestrated SK

When I said "like the stellia limited edition pads" I was referring to the fact they both allow air to pass through, but in different ways. I. And the fact that my beyer T70 pad which are fenestrated have a similar effect that my limited edition pads have on my elegias. Looks like my first...
  10. 3

I wonder how different the sound is between the elite stellia pads and the limited edition stellia pads that I have. It seems they both allow some "air" to pass through vs the regular sheepskin pads but in different ways. The dekoni pads I have with my T70 are the fenestrated pads which are like...
  11. 3

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

That's assuming getting one with the upgraded firmware which is still a crapshoot at this point. And yes I'm perfectly fine with akm sounding dacs because with this one, it just works the way it's suppose to. That's more than I can say about the su-9. The firmware issue isn't the only issue...
  12. 3

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I returned my su-9 a few months ago and purchased a d70s. I hated to have to spend the extra cash to get it, but I've been extremely happy. Love the feature set, especially the auto on/off feature and most importantly, the sound. It's the upgrade I've been hoping for with no issues or quirks. It...
  13. 3

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Well, at least some people who feel ripped off by some of the smsl debacles can read this review and feel a lot better.;)
  14. 3

I second this. I had both the regular sheepskin and limited edition sheepskin pads here at the same time. The regular sheepskin that give them a bump in bass but warmed up the sound at bit which was a compromise for me. I could also hear some reflections bouncing around due to them not being...
  15. 3

Is an expensive headphone worth it if you have to apply eq to get them to sound good?

Some of these aspects you just mentioned are what separates the ether cx and Akg 371 to me although they are eq’ed to a similar tonal balance.
  16. 3

Is an expensive headphone worth it if you have to apply eq to get them to sound good?

So I got my replacement pair of the akg 371. One word, floored! I really like my ether cx after eq. The 371 sounds pretty good out of the box. Out of the box, I could live with the way they sound. After applying some eq they sound almost as good as the cx with eq. The cx have better imaging, and...
  17. 3

It makes plenty of sense to me. You can’t say on one end if a tv doesn’t have dark blacks and on the other end if a headphone don’t have excessive distortion. A tv can have dark blacks and can also have poor blacks. The same is true with a cheap headphone. It can have low distortion and it can...
  18. 3

Now I like that tv calibration analogy. I have had TVs and projectors that both looked great out of the box but still benefited a good bit from being calibrated, and a projector that was lack luster out of box and was stunning after calibration. So I can definitely see both sides on wether one...
  19. 3

Is an expensive headphone worth it if you have to apply eq to get them to sound good? That's the title of this thread, and everyone except you have responded appropriately. Show me anything having to do with my dislike or the harman curve in the title. Please, you have derailed this thread long...
Top Bottom