Search results

1. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

So I tested the tonearm wire, which is 36 AWG (American wire gauge) and is made of silver which tarnishes easier and appears to be no good. The rest of the system seems fine same for the stylist wires (which reads 0.7 Ohms). The tone arm and brass housing are grounded to the turntable, which is...
  2. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

After the turn table (so the aux cables) the resistance is 250 so it is something to do with either the cartage or the wires?
  3. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

I have tested the 12 v ground and that reads So the cartage is ground looped and there is 800 om's of resistance through from the cartage ground to the 3.5mm cable
  4. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

Yeah, I notice when I touch the phono cable's metal housing that the noise does quiet down a lot and looking at the copper in the headshell has two surfaces. One is copper, and where the two prongs touch, the needle is plated. I imagine with Nickel/silver, but unsure. Anyways the copper appears...
  5. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

Soo, I am looking into this issue, and I noticed no circuits are used for the tonearm. Its just wires to phono female, and the ground wires are grounded to the metal stem of the tonearm, and the other makes its way at the top of the tonearm, but I can't see the other connection tho
  6. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

Not sure how big of a factor corrosion is as I have noticed some green and dirty-looking metal which I think might be aluminium corrosion. it appears to be surface tho
  7. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

Okay, ill do that on Tuesday and probably let u know. Also, here are a few more photos of the connections, if they help at all (of the vinyl player)
  8. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

No, I don`t, but I can go to my university after the bank holiday on Monday and use there's they have a lot of equipment. I know that the vinyl player ground is connected internally to some metal to which the platter is connected. They have some table multimeters and some Keysight gear ngl I...
  9. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

Hi, this is the set-up I have to make things a little easier lmao. sorry for the confusion
  10. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

So this is the transformer in the vinyl player apologies. There are just caps in the phono amplifier which I have opened up to have a look at to see what's inside (image of the vinyl player transformer for the motor and board)
  11. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

This is the audio i hear through the speaker but a bit quieter when the volume is increased on the speaker.
  12. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

So I have moved my preamp up to my desk (away from mains power), and I only hear it when the vinyl player is plugged into the preamp. They are grounded in each other, and both do not use the grounding wire with the plug sockets. The vinyl player is not near any power sources, so I think it could...
  13. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

I would say its faint and a bit obnoxious like its just annoying to hear. I could put this into adobe audition and play it back to you.
  14. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

So my speaker does not buzz. I know this for sure, as I have had the volume maxed out with no source but power connected, and it all seems fine. And I've replaced the caps in the speaker, too, cause it is a little old, and I wanted to minimize the factor of it being the speaker. When I...
  15. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

The caps were in the vinyl player circuit board, and basically, the only board in there, bar the DC power terminals, i.e. vinyl player motor speed and on, off feature. The speaker wires if I remember correctly, just go from the tone arm into the female Phono connectors one of the tracks (copper...
  16. Fascinated Viewer

Audio - Mains noise

Hi, I have a vinyl player from, I think, the 1980s not sure, as it does not exist anywhere online (Ion iTT02), and I also have this plugged into a Behringer phono preamp (PP400). The output is phono to 3.5 mm jack and plugs straight into my polaroid speaker. Yes, the same company that makes the...
Top Bottom