Search results

1. T

Throwing away my DAC for monitor speakers, and still feeling nothing really changed... is my ear dumb or its simply the case

Background story, see here: link My previous setup is Topping EX5 RCAout -> KEF KC62 -> Genelec G3. Now, because there is a nice selling offer, I sold my EX5 and currently running as: PC 3.5mm out->KEF KC62->Genelec G3. (The motherboard is ASUS C8H) Interestingly, I really could not tell if...
  2. T

Confused by PulseEffects in Linux, what are those 'mode' suppose to mean?

So, I am installing my personal Linux for some coding and I am interested in setting up some proper DSP there as well. So far, PulseEffects seems to be the easiest to set up yet I could not figure out how to use it properly. My main question is that I have no idea what are those 'mode' in...
  3. T

A not-so-serious measurement of Genelec Three + KEF KC62 bedroom (untreated) system

So, long story short, I think I had figured out the end-game setup in my small 3x3 bedroom. Since there isn't a lot of measurement specifically for KEF KC62, I'd believe it would be interesting to post some actual numbers and curves here. Still, bare in mind that my room is not treated so dips...
  4. T

Subwoofer power ratings, why so diverged?

I am a bit confused that while some subwoofers are only rated like 50w, or 100w, e.g. Genelec's, other subwoofers are rated with much higher RMS power consumption. For example, svs micro 3000 is rated 800w and KEF kc62 is rated 1000w. Does this has something to do with the subwoofer being...
  5. T

Quick and Dirty way to do a subwoofer crossover?

So, my question is actually mainly about how APO plugins are triggerred in windows? Is it like automatically triggerred whenever a audio track is played to a certain device or it requires the device to be the default device. I am planning to enable APO-based calibration simultaneously on two...
  6. T

Can second harmonic get louder than the desired frequency?

Long story short, I got a Eatherquake P63 subwoofer to pair with my Genelec G3 2.0 system in my 3m x 3m bedroom for some desktop listening. And I started to notice that the second as well as third harmonic is measured to be super high (like +5dB higher than the main frequency...) when I am...
Top Bottom