Search results

1. S

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

I'll have to experiment more then, hmm. I'm going Plex on nvidia shield -- (usb) --> SMSL SU-8 (at 100% volume) -- (balanced) --> LSR310 at -10db sensitivity/60% -- (balanced) --> 308p at -10db/100%. I think it is most likely an issue w/ Plex downmixing 5.1 and the volume levels dropping.
  2. S

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

I bought these with the LSR310s to use as a home theater 2.1 setup for the last 3 months or so. I think I'm at the point of selling them though - they simply don't get loud enough! And this is in a small/med room (3mx5m), about 2.5m away. Like the review says, the amplifier is really lacking...
  3. S

Doubts

Making the same decision at the moment for my home theatre! I think Kef Q350 is the winner for me, simply because they are so much cheaper in Europe. Right now they are going for 380/pair, vs 500/pair for DBR62s. Preference score is almost identical. I imagine with EQ most of the issues on the...
  4. S

Genelec 8320 or 8330, with 7350 sub?

Have you looked at https://www.genelec.com/correct-monitors? It may help. Note that all genelecs are near field monitors so 2.5m is pushing it slightly, especially if you have a poor room. Here's the recommended listening distance for all of their speakers. I think 8320/8330 are ideal for...
  5. S

High failure rate with Topping products?

I sort of wish they had high failure rates so I have an excuse to replace my D10. This thing has been running 24/7 for years now. I really want a D10s balanced :D.
  6. S

Genelec 8320 or 8330, with 7350 sub?

I've had my 8330A+7350A combo for about 2 years now, and I'm phenomenally happy with them. I was never able to get the bass and room EQ quite right with other (admittedly, much cheaper) solutions. I'm in a small room with terrible dimensions, but the DSP just does wonders. There are some nulls...
  7. S

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

QC35 ii are easily the most comfortable headphone I own. They are really light despite being packed with electronics - I barely notice I'm wearing them. Official weight is 240g. They're great for wearing out of the house or when working away from home. The only issue is they can get sweaty if...
  8. S

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Did Sennheiser change the cables they include w/ the HD800s? https://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-resolution-headphones-3d-audio-hd-800-s No more braided cables? No more XLR cable? Flimsier termination? What's going on.
  9. S

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

I don't think oratory has measured these... maybe you mean the QC25?
  10. S

How to best EQ Headphones on the go? e.g with iPhone

Roon will let you create parametric EQ and stream to your iPhone. I do that at home sometimes. No remote play though (come on Roon, get with the times already :p).
  11. S

Sonarworks worth it for headphones?

https://www.musicdsp.org/en/latest/_downloads/550af030275b020f8f85b422e699ce5f/EQ-Coefficients.pdf https://www.musicdsp.org/en/latest/_downloads/3e1dc886e7849251d6747b194d482272/Audio-EQ-Cookbook.txt This is where all digital EQ filter implementations come from, I believe. You'll need to...
  12. S

Sonarworks worth it for headphones?

It's purely digital until your DAC converts it to analogue.
  13. S

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

Just typical big company bureaucracy, I'm sure. Seems like they aren't willing to invest in improvements unless something external forces them to. I'm guessing in this case Club Morpheus was negotiated by the dealer network in UK/Ireland to improve sales. And now Massdrop got Sennheiser to make...
  14. S

Digital vs Vinyl

Yeah that video really goes into the details. I guess I shouldn't throw out numbers like 3, that is based on some other things I've read from people who have ripped their vinyls comparing to their CD rips. But there is probably enough variance in the analogue replay chain itself even that the...
  15. S

It's exclusive to certain UK/Ireland authorized dealers I believe. You register w/ Sennheiser as part of the "club orpheus" program and get a 10 year warranty upgrade. It's sort of hard to find details on. https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/cluborpheus link is broken but it's still offered as far as I...
  16. S

It's quite subjective, no doubt. The Ananda weighs 150g more than the HD650 at 400g vs 259g, and it looks substantially bulkier so I think it's not a great comparison. I find HD650 supremely comfortable. HD800s, while comfortable, is basically at the edge of what I can tolerate for all day...
  17. S

Digital vs Vinyl

Sorry my wording is probably really poor. I meant that the same studio produces both the digital and analog masters from the same mix, just making adjustments for the medium that are required. Technically it's a different master but if you look at the mix path it is basically identical. And when...
  18. S

The changes they made look really great, but I guess we need to wait for the final product to really tell. On Sennheiser leaving the headphone market. It's sad but not unexpected. But I'd say that's a good reason to buy these before they are no longer able to be purchased. If they are a limited...
  19. S

Looks much less comfortable and heavier, so no thanks. HD800s is about the heaviest I can handle in headphones for long term wear.
  20. S

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

I've been using Roon for the last month, so have been using Oratory's EQ since I can plug it straight into Roon (that's such a great feature!) over Sonarworks. I think I actually like his EQ better. Not sure what magic he has done, it just sounds more enjoyable on these headphones. From some...
Top Bottom