Search results

1. B

Desktop Speakers ~$2000 (Active & Silent)

Almost ordered this then that. Then was offered a good deal on the new LSX 2, so did exactly that. Unheard but I liked the LS50W II when I had them, so hopefully similar.
  2. B

They were good. Had some tweeter hiss, not huge, but enough. LS50W II was silent
  3. B

The Abacus looks good. The 906 would cost a mint by the time it lands in Australia. So C-Box 4 hiss is basically zero?
  4. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

About 80cm apart, 80cm away.
  5. B

No preference. I've had both. LS50W II, AE1, P3ESR etc
  6. B

No sub. Max size of about a LS50. Can go taller, maybe hint wider/deeper. Stuffed in corners but I'll be correcting them.
  7. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Would these be good speakers nearfield? Pretty close, 80cm or so. Can correct with REW or Dirac. Other option maybe those Unifi ELAC ones?
  8. B

What if I go passive for say $1000? What works really well nearfield for that money?
  9. B

Really? Why is that? Figured its purely a internal amp to tweeter interference, best take the input out of equation. The store setups are dreadful, 50 monitors all hooked to a mixing console.
  10. B

8030 for the Genelec. They usually quiet?
  11. B

KH120 Noisy environments but I could hear it at about 30cm. Would easily hear at 80cn in quiet room id feel
  12. B

Looking for something powered/active for my desk. Biggest thing is that they need to work in nearfield and that I can't hear hiss from the tweeter sitting close (80cm). I disconnected the analogue inputs and assessed a bunch of studio monitors at the store, all had hiss audible enough I'd hear...
Top Bottom