Search results

1. I

Behringer UMC-204HD Dac and Headphone Amplifier Review

My understanding is that if the sound through headphones is loud enough then the DAC unit also has an integrated amp. Line-level (unamplified) output to headphones would be too quiet. In the case of the Behringer, Amir found that the DAC output is excellent, but the integrated headphone amp is...
  2. I

I broke down and bought an FiiO E10K. I went back and forth between that and the AudioQuest Dragonfly Black. From the reviews I read, it sounds like the Dragonfly may produce slightly better sound. The extra outputs and being able to adjust the volume directly on the unit made me chose the...
  3. I

Thank you, Amir, for this review. It's very helpful. Do you know of any inexpensive headphone amps that put out decent sound to pair with the Behringer's line-level output? Alternately, do you have a recommendation for a budget headphone DAC/amp combo device? I've read a lot of reviews and...
  4. I

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

Thank you for the clarification. So, the unit could potentially have a great DAC but a poor/noisy amp? All the Behringer specs say is that it has "Powerful Phones output with Level control". Both of the main headphones I use are around 60 Ohms impedence. Would that be considered hard to...
  5. I

Thank you. The built-in sound on my PCs seems to drive the headphones I use just fine, so I'm assuming they aren't hard to drive. I honestly don't know how to tell what ones will be hard to drive though. I know it has something to do with the impedence, but I also imagine the size of the...
  6. I

I'm currently using the built-in sound on the PC's motherboard. The sound seems OK other than the noise. I found when trying out different headphones that you often don't know what you are missing until you hear it though. I'm guessing that the same will be true with a good external DAC...
  7. I

If all I am looking for is a good PC to headphones DAC/Amp for under $100, is this the device to buy? I wouldn't be using any of the mic or other inputs, so I'm not sure if this is the right fit. I'm mainly looking to get rid of the background noise (jitter?) that I hear whenever I move the...
Top Bottom