Search results

1. P

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Once again, you've provided a thoughtful, insightful and interesting response - thank you! This is exactly the kind of discussion I was hoping for and you've raised some really good points that I cannot respond to (which is great). My current lay person's understanding is that, in a complex...
  2. P

No, you're misrepresenting what I've stated clearly at least twice now.
  3. P

LOL. No excuse, just sharing the facts. You can read into it whatever you like.
  4. P

That's for Rob / Chord to answer. I did ask Rob to share any measurements with me if he wanted to, but we also had a pretty quick turnaround between him arriving home from holidays on the Thursday and me interviewing him while he was still jet-lagged on the Friday.
  5. P

I'm not sure about the exact approach at 16x and lower rates, but I do believe it is different. There's no level difference. The M-Scaler pads the output in all modes to allow for the same volume across the board. My only reluctance to blind test is the challenges of the setup when I am doing...
  6. P

I understand. We are both making claims with no actual objective evidence to support them, only subjective experiences (from me) and a lack of evidence from Chord (from you). Let's leave it there.
  7. P

Rob said that, not me. I am not responsible for what others say and I was quick to comment that you might not have been aware because I have no way of knowing and didn't want to assume that I knew your motives or circumstances.
  8. P

This is a conversation that will go nowhere because I cannot provide the measurements or data to support Chord's / Rob Watts' claims. I am also not saying I know that it does what he says. I am merely saying that something is happening that results in a sound that I prefer and I am accepting...
  9. P

Given the gear and/or budget to buy more gear, I would do it differently, but it's not always possible.
  10. P

As I understand it, the 16x oversampling allows for the proper use of noise shapers which deals with the noise issues you identified in the 2x and 4x testing where dithering was used instead of noise shaping. Reducing the noise floor can only be beneficial and I'm surprised this wasn't measured...
  11. P

I've learned that there's no point
  12. P

If it were that simple, I would, but the very act of changing the upsampling setting (and the time between switches) makes the test no longer truly blind hence my point earlier about having to set this up properly if we're going to do it at all Edited to add clarity: to move from 16x to bypass...
  13. P

When I use two setups, they are identical. If not, I am testing two setups to see if what I hear is consistent on multiple devices. Please get your facts straight
  14. P

That's OK. You're welcome to ignore them (as is anyone). For the record, I actually chose the Coffee cable as my preferred option despite the Diamond being more expensive and marketed as better. I think this conclusion was addressed at the end of that review or perhaps I landed there after...
  15. P

I should add, that by testing in both directions as I described here, you will either discover no difference (as I often do) or you will identify an actual difference if it exists and can then take the time to explore and better define that difference subjectively.
  16. P

One cannot self-blockade bias, but you can test against it. This is one of the theories discussed in the articles I posted. If you are conscious that you expect X to sound different to Y, you can do a round of listening and see what you hear. You can then do a fresh round of listening with the...
  17. P

I appreciate you taking the time to write this and it is an informative example. The problem I see here still though is that you are taking AN example of being tricked by perception errors and applying it to everything that is beyond obvious measurement. I don't question for a second what you...
  18. P

Not sure how you reach that conclusion. @amirm suggested earlier that I am expecting to hear something and so I hear it. By that logic, the natural assumption (and indeed my expectations) when demoing more expensive, "better" gear is that it will be better. Thus, if our ability to conduct...
  19. P

I do provide reliable information on the YouTube channel and there is no evidence presented here that I can see which clearly demonstrates that the M-Scaler is not doing what it claims. You highlighted here the digital filtering in the marketing of the Blu MkII / M-Scaler, but my point is that...
Top Bottom