Search results

1. O

Review and Measurements of REL Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter

I was using this transmitter for my sub and noticed a spurious sound... I'm assuming it's 'wifi interference', but not sure what that would sound like. Could anyone let me know? I attached a sample recording where you can hear the noise above the steady tone: Bass
  2. O

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I did get my shd and flex from your shop and did read the posts - they've been helpful! However, the settings on my sub don't exactly match up, but I think I'm translating pretty close to the nominal interference from the sub's crossover.
  3. O

Yes, I'm just looking for what to set the sub at to baseline the readings to start with.
  4. O

I'm setting up a sub for the first time - looking for a little advice! I bought the monolith m-15 to use with my shd and using the rel transmitter that Amir tested. My thoughts are to bypass as much as I can on the sub and using the shd for control - so, using analog out 3 to the rel...
  5. O

Is this track too hot?

No, I've run it from apple music on my macbook pro to planar headphones, or to active monitors through a beringer umc 204hd interface, or through a minidsp flex.
  6. O

Is this track too hot?

I wonder if I have a setting messed up then. I pulled out my macbook and a set of headphones and hear the same buzz!
  7. O

Is this track too hot?

There's a test track on Apple music that I was checking out my new monitors with and there's a nasty buzz coming through my Kali speakers. We had some electrical damage, so wasn't sure if something in the audio chain was damaged. I swapped preamps and it still persists, so I don't think it's...
  8. O

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

I have old Naim NAC A5 speaker wire from my previous Naim 42.5/140 system that's already snaic'd (sic... lol.. old naim pun there) through the walls. IIRC, it's low capacitance, high inductance cable. Would that be fine for the 208's? I found these stats from a dealer: The specs for Naim...
  9. O

Subwoofer Comparison

Amazing, op! What a ton of work you've done - certainly helps collate the bits and bobs of disenfranchised spreadsheets I've found trying to research a sub for my room. So, I've read that multiple subs generally help to even response out in a room, but if I am looking at your sheet for my...
  10. O

Between the A and T on Preposition Street.
  11. O

I pm’d the proprietor of this website, @amirm , as his company is a dealer, to buy my pair. - Considering the specs on this speaker, what would you all look for in a sub to pair for a large room?
  12. O

Western Electric WE16GA versus Ordinary Cable (Any cable for that matter)

Pardon please - what is RF terminaton for zip cord?
  13. O

OK - and it would be the 'SHD' product we're talking about and not the 'SHD studio'? The minidsp website is a little overwhelming.. :-) So, if the SHD covers all these functions, would it be redundant to consider something like the RME ADI-2 as a DAC/preamp?
  14. O

If I understand this product correctly - does it function as a digital / analog 'preamp'? For instance, I have a TV with toslink output and a xbox hooked into the TV, so the TV is effectively my 'a/v preamp', then TV toslink to a dac toslink to rca converter -> current preamp. If I bought...
  15. O

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

That's a great sentiment! Truthfully, I'm a bit nervous about the class D offerings as I had a SMSL class D integrated that only lasted about 18 months. The Naim chrome/olive setup I had in my main system was on, without fault, excepting for when I recapped the amp / vacations / power outages...
  16. O

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

I'm thinking about either the AP or Buckeye Amp to pair with a pair (oops) of revel f208's I'm about to order... do you feel like the ap amp is a good match for these Revels? Not sure if there's a strong advantage to monoblocking for the lower power requirements in class D / purifi modules?
  17. O

Long, odd room

When I searched, Google seemed to point me to car audio for dsp. Is it like the old Audisee (sp?) system?
  18. O

Long, odd room

Springfield, MO. Canadian relocated to the center of the US. Normally, we’d at least have a rug down on the floor….when we’re not potty training a new puppy! I might be able to figure out something for panels on the right side of the picture, but there is a window there with blinds on the left...
  19. O

Long, odd room

I would love to find a dealer to work with... Unfortunately the only game in town is Best Buy. Not sure they'll be better than dealing online. We don't use the fireplace, good catch! Since I'm having to start over, I'm able to consider a 2.1 setup; is this where a dsp is needed to split the signal?
Top Bottom