Search results

1. Molon_Labe

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

@Magnus - Thanks for the reply. The recent go live of DLBC is what finally put it on my radar. I had read ART was in beta, but I wasn't sure if that was just wishful thinking, internet lore, or both. @juliangst - What does the 10-channel limit mean? Only 10 channels available total or only 10...
  2. Molon_Labe

Thanks for the reply. I do agree with that, but in all fairness the AV10 was marketed based on future features i.e. Dirac and DLBC which have both come to fruition. The community here is a lot more technically aligned to the architecture of the DACs than I am, so I figured I would ask.
  3. Molon_Labe

I know there has not been an official announcement from Marantz, but does the AV10 have the internal horsepower/DAC to deploy ART? I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one, but ART already has its proverbial hooks deep embedded and is pulling on me hard.
  4. Molon_Labe

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

@amper42 - If the Benmark isn't enough I may sell it and look at getting the Buckeye I wish I would have know about that if they are the same quality as the Benchmark :(
  5. Molon_Labe

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

Is anyone powering their 228s with a Benchmark AHB2? I am hoping one will be sufficent vs having to buy two and use them as monoblocks. I don't listen loud as this is a 2.1 audio system in my living room.
  6. Molon_Labe

Are there any decent AVR's out there?

You forgot number #5 - 16 channels A Denon/Marantz Dirac marriage would be blissful. IMHO, they need to adopt Dirac to remain compettivie. I was a long time D/M owner across multiple genrations for several decades, but I will never go back to Audyssey. I am a big Onkyo fan so if D/M doesn't...
  7. Molon_Labe

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

[/ISPOILER] Yeah, it seems the last generation of processers really took a nose dive on build quality, engineering, software dev, etc. I don't remember reading about software and hardware problems 5 years ago. I supose it could be all the new codecs and getting those parts and pieces playing...
  8. Molon_Labe

Good points. Maybe my blanket statement was probably unfair because it was based on a handful of members on AVS which has been my primary interaction with the Trinnov crowd. Don't get me wrong, I understand quality costs money and R&D is expensive. I have significant money invested in my systems...
  9. Molon_Labe

@Madhuski @DonH56 - I am also fed up with AVS. I tire of reading all the blatant misinformation being spread by the new "crew". Most of them are just post harlots who just regurgitate the same nonsense. Its a race to the bottom over there and it is definitely not the forum it was a decade ago -...
  10. Molon_Labe

You have never come across that way Don with your Trinnov or Salon2's. That is why I said most Trinnov owners. I have friends with Trinnovs that are down to Earth, but the Trinnov thread on AVS is full of the eltiist snobbery. I actaully bought a Trinnov 16 but canceled the order because I...
  11. Molon_Labe

The converse could be said about the Trinnov - more so because high-cost items and elitism are often synonymous. Reading this thread made me chuckle. It never fails in every Trinnov discussion that a Trinnov owner will play the poor man card i..e the only people knocking the Trinnov are those...
Top Bottom