Search results

1. F

Serious problem in preamp mode Topping D90SE and D90LE

My friend tried it under roon rock (Nuc Intel) and volumio (Raspberry), and the problem is present on both!
  2. F

This is subjective, as I could not test both dacs at the same time. But, with the Gustard X18, I had the impression to find the sound of the D90SE/LE...unlike SMSL SU9N. Note one point about Gustard x18. Under linux, DSD drivers are a problem, in my opinion they are generic, but they will...
  3. F

Hi ! Thanks for your link. I have since tested the SMSL SU9N (which I sent back because I found it not as good as the D90LE/SE....the bass is omnipresent), but it worked perfectly. I finally adopted the Gustard X18. So, 4 DAC tested on my configuration (including my old NAD M51), only the...
  4. F

D90LE or SMSL SU-9N?

The remote control of the SU9N is not great, but it is better than the D90LE!
  5. F

I finally ordered an SMSL-SU9N to replace the Topping. After a few hours of listening, I have no problems. Even the passage between tracks is silent, something that never happened with the topping. This is to be confirmed over several days.
  6. F

Thank you all for your contributions. I sent back the D90SE today, disappointed by the TOPPING experience. Regarding the purchase of a preamp, in my configuration, I find it a shame to have to buy one just to run a DAC. If you add the price of a preamp to the price of the DAC, the deal is still...
  7. F

Thank you for your contribution. Before your message, I had tested with Volumio, Daphile and foobar, disabling the software sound control. I am using a PC that is a bit old under windows 10. I am on x86, I could only try Jriver, and the results are identical. I don't really need a preamp...
  8. F

I quickly plugged it back in when I got home from work.... and well disappointment...it doesn't change anything at home.... Nevertheless, keep me informed if it continues to work for you after several hours of listening.
  9. F

A post with similarities to our problem: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-d90se-noise-when-playing-dsd-files.36139/
  10. F

Exactly the same problems as you. There are even details that you mentioned that I didn't put in my description: - Changing source: USB to optical the problem persists. - Presence of the static noise on the right speaker, or left or both. Without an update of the DAC, I think that we will not...
  11. F

I'll plug it back in and test it again within the week to confirm on my end.
  12. F

I feel less alone! My D90LE was up to date (delivered with the latest firmware: Balance, valve), and that didn't change the situation unfortunately. Let me know how it goes for you. Yes, that is the deduction we made. I sincerely hope that @JohnYang1997 can help us, because when it works, it is...
  13. F

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

No, my amp doesn't allow it.
  14. F

Thank you for your contribution. What kind of files do you listen to? Because the problem seems to occur when playing DSD / PCM 192 (or higher).
  15. F

I have encountered the problem with 3 different units (2xD90LEs which I sent back, and recently the 1xD90SE which I still own). For one of the D90LEs, my dealer managed to reproduce the fault, and I also reproduced it at a friend's house. It would be quite a coincidence to have 3 defective...
  16. F

I think so. I did a lot of testing before I went on holiday, but I have my doubts. If it's important, I can do another test. What I do remember is that even when you turn the sound down very low, the flaws, keep the same sound level.
  17. F

My problem is not only when changing tracks. When the defect appears, it is present throughout the song, only stopping the DAC allows to stop it.
  18. F

Hello, I have a problem with the preamp/DAC mode (static noise, crackles and popping). The DAC feeding directly my power amp (NAD C275BEE). I have tested 2 x 90LE and 1 x 90SE, and I still have the same problem. In simple DAC mode, they work perfectly. I managed to reproduce the fault at a...
  19. F

With volumio, I tested in DSD direct, volume software deactivated. I managed the volume directly with the DAC. Under foobar, the volume control was also disabled, only manageable with the DAC. The rear panel of my amp has a volume control (but it is not practical!). When I activate the single...
  20. F

I tried with 2 USB cables and different ports. When the problem was reproduced at my friend's place, we used his cable and his Volumio raspberry. Here is the feedback from my dealer: "Hello, We have identified a phenomenon (static noise when playing DSD then PCM rather hot) for which we have...
Top Bottom