Search results

1. N

Can A Stand Mounted Speaker Be Considered "High Fidelity?"

This is a good point. I'm in a phase of listening to blues recorded in the early 1900s. My sub has been quiet for a few weeks.
  2. N

HiFi axioms

I think that we are not all scientists of any merit. I'm not enough of an acoustic scientist to tell you what particular speakers sound, or measure, if you prefer, over other ones so I have to trial end error some things. It may be why a perfect measuring DAC doesn't sound as good to me as the...
  3. N

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

My point was aimed at enthusiasts. I could have worded it better. On paper, the Camry has better specs in almost every way from trunk space to power... so so spec based enthusiasts would pass over the MX-5 for the Camry while wishing they could afford a Cayenne Turbo GT over a 911 GT. Although...
  4. N

Not saying it isn't fun - I was responding to someone who was taking schiit for expressing a subjective opinion.
  5. N

I rest my case and leave y'all to it.
  6. N

Bear in mind the people mostly populating this forum have two things in common. First, they're listening to music at a computer through near field speakers or headphones. Second, they care more about measurements than music itself. At some point, someone here will start judging music through...
Top Bottom