Search results

1. W

Looking for suggestions for a budget setup under 300$ to play CDs in my dorm

AGREED I run an OPPO DV971 thru a Bifrost 2 into Edifier 1280DB's and old 8" powered sub and it sometimes shocks me when a listen to it!
  2. W

Monitor Audio Silver 500 7g

:facepalm:............
  3. W

I wrote 70+ hours. I've had a set about a year and am very familiar with them. I'm not the only owner of these speakers to notice either. When you buy a set, then I'll pay more attention to to your opinions about them.
  4. W

And your point is what?
  5. W

They seem to like 70+ hours of break in. They WILL open up. Also be prepared to buy a nice, fast 12" sealed subwoofer. A Speedwoofer 12", an SVS SB1000 or SB2000? I recently upgraded my old Polk PSW-505 sub to a BIC PL-300 and like what I hear so far. They don't need a lot of sub in my space...
  6. W

Very Nice Set! Are those the Silver 500 6G?
  7. W

Correction; 6.5" woofer....
  8. W

It's an older basic 8" powred sub that had a profile to fit a tight space near my bedroom wall. That being said, it's an IDEAL fit sound wise for the Monitor Audio Silver One 5gs in there. Very controlled, powerful, quality bass to 30hz or so that doesn't smear the lower midbass or treble of the...
  9. W

Those Silver 500s shouldn't dissapoint you...After they break in a bit you'll prolly want to hear the Gold 300s in the same space to be sure you're not missing anything. I already know where this might go :facepalm:. The thing is, you'll probably end up missing the Silvers in your large space...
  10. W

The Silvers are not afraid of that much room. Based on my limited experience, I think it's close to ideal. And if it turned out to be good for the Silvers, then probably the Golds as well.
  11. W

How large is your room?
  12. W

I 'm using a 12" used Polk 505 subwoofer (not a bad older sub btw) in a carpeted 11 x 20 living room/ kitchen apt. and rarely need the sub beyond it's idle settings. When I do; the Silver's woofers work well to a touch of reinforcement. There are newer mid-priced 12" subs with dsp that should...
  13. W

The Silvers break in nicely between 60-100 hours. something I noticed; then read in different reviews. It sounds cliché, but I've yet to own a speaker that lets me hear so deeply into music. I mean clarity of voice, details, bass response. I find sitting for hours listening to what I would've...
  14. W

Thanks. Been lurking here for years so i get it!
  15. W

Half the fun of this hobby is testing different configurations of the same equipment over time to determine the best sound to your ears. You really don't think I would post in this forum without personally trying enough amp configurations, cables, wires, dacs, cd players, and speakers used and...
  16. W

I have a pair. Same black oak finish that matches my Polk psw505 subwoofer. They NEED time to break in. I'm probably at 80 hours now. I run them biamped, 400 watts per speaker combined in an apt. living room/kitchen area. Really don't need to use the sub 85% of the time. Every component I play...
Top Bottom