Search results

1. L

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

I found my Shio, I was on low gain at 40ish % and it was loud. Maybe your phone is restricting output power?
  2. L

Not useable from the Shio?? How loud are you trying to listen to them? I basically don't go over 3/4 volume on a Pixel driving the Google USB dongle, which has far less power then the Shio. I assume you've tried Hi Gain on the Shio (although I'd have thought this definitely wouldn't be required)..
  3. L

Which headphone to get if you don't need any headphones

If they're after nostalgia, then it's gotta be old school Sony, Senn, Beyer, Stax or AKG's (Sextet I don't think has been mentioned here yet). If they're after pure looks, ZMF make some amazing looking cans.
  4. L

Truthear Nova IEMs

That was posted on Twitter, interesting bit that GaryH cutoff was that Oratory himself said they broadly matched Harman with "1% of V" lol.
  5. L

Harman is working on a new IEM target curve

Fair cop, we do only get half the story in online forums. It would be nice to see two sided discussions more in line with podcasts between you all, without a bunch of the preconceived bias that seems to be there on forums and discords. The biggest issue when you look at all of this as a...
  6. L

Harman is working on a new IEM target curve

I assume in person the Resolve's and Blaine's of the world are a bit less disagreeable, so Sean probably doesn't know about the negativity being pushed by hp.com crew in general towards his work. It is rather disheartening seeing tilted DF becoming the default on most squig sites now just...
  7. L

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

This does come back to what you're actually trying to achieve here at a fundamental level. If you're trying to ascertain what users prefer at a larger scale, and work through something you could use internally to create a product then you would go with a wildly different approach. In that case...
  8. L

Opposite is definitely correct... I'd suggest you're dealing with a very very limited minority of users who would understand things to the level of even being semi aware of what has existing studies behind it, what is based on other work, and what has listener preference work behind it. I'd say...
  9. L

I would say that as two of the largest providers of measurements, especially in Crins case, yeah that's a huge impact on the measurement community. We're left to make use of the new targets, or rely entirely on Oratory if Crin isn't providing 711 measurements. Of course it does seem like 711...
  10. L

The world was a more annoying place in 2011, where every amp had varying output impedances that typically weren't provided in specs sheets. The rule of 1/8's definitely meant more when everything had quite large output impedances. My point was acquiring a amp nowadays with sub 1 ohm output...
  11. L

GaryH-ates Zero Red is the rest of the name I assume? :P In regards to impedance... I'd say we should be taking aim at bad cables / dongles that have wildly varying output impedances. It's not that hard to make products that don't have these issues. Vs the impedance curve allows for a nice easy...
  12. L

Yeah to clarify, my reply is namely on this bit:
  13. L

Can you point to where Crinacle is being overly pushy saying his curve is the one and only, and not just creating a product to see market reaction, and to use in further testing he's organising? Sorry wording probably a bit easy to misunderstand, I am curious if there's been previous statements...
  14. L

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Definitely interested in getting one, if I have a Topping HS01 already would that be enough isolation? If not I'll wait out the new version.
  15. L

Exciting, thanks for your work. Definitely plenty of hardliners around that will do anything in their power to try and bring down any and all discussion that questions existing research or aims to further or enhance it. Very counter intuitive to the actual scientific process. End of the day we...
  16. L

I think we're talking past each other, and I definitely take some of the blame. From the top, I found it bizarre as I found the tonality very very similar. And yes I feel that tonality is a large part of the experience of listening to an IEM, so the two statements you've apparently thinking are...
  17. L

At least I'm not going mad when I thought much the same lol. Budget B2D was my main take away when I compared them.
  18. L

Interestingly you went all the way to sample 5 to find the least matching lol. Broadband differences of at most ~1db up to 5khz apart from the 200hz and 6khz sections I'd suggest are going to sound quite similar for many genre's. Here's them compared on Red Sample 1, much closer than the one...
  19. L

I realise the drama involved in mentioning it around here... But crinacles 5128 measurements definitely show them being very close, bass included. The major difference in those measurement sets is in over 15khz, and I hear basically nothing up there. So likely take away is if you're under 35...
  20. L

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Closest I've gotten to what it sounds like you're hearing in open backs is Planar's with a front volume seal, like LCD2's and the like. They have linear bass extension all the way down. Adding a nice low shelf in EQ of around 5dB to match Harman is quite a nice experience.
Top Bottom