Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Hi Mr Wong, I think random turn-off is a more common issue than the "Opa 2140" problem, the random turn-off frequency of my unit is once a month (for 5 month) during normal use. It's not a big problem for my daily use but just FYI. Thanks for the effort.
  2. C

Haha, same here, my D3 is moved to my friend's house now : ) One thing I liked is to use it while play FPS games, the sound is pale that consistent gun shots in the game will not bother me that much.
  3. C

For a neutral sounding "studio monitor" M50, I think you may want some warmer DAC. I heard M50, which is similar to my cd900st in sound signature. CD900st didn't pair well with my D3(hiss in highs more obvious and a little bit "dull and lifeless" in the lows "IMHO" in similar volume A-B testing...
  4. C

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd R2R11 DAC & Amp

Yep, you are right, I mean, in the real world, how "Pure", "clean", "transparent" is the audio interface used in the recording studios really are? How much harmonic distortion were they having when they are mixing the track? The musician may feel the track is lively enough with "harmonic...
  5. C

Well, who knows, I think maybe 99% it just what it is, not a faulty, because it's more crystal for sure, not as dynamic according to my not reliable feeling :)
  6. C

Yeah, I always feel my shit $50 DAC sounds much better than Topping stuff, muah-powah!!(dynamic :P), always feel sleepy when listening to DX3, pale...
  7. C

Yep, almost every product is goooood according to him, which mades no sense to me. I prefer some pickier reviewer like DMS much better.
  8. C

Thanks you, you made my case. This definitely not looks like a simple modification to me considering my skill level. :p Will keep it in the box, maybe one of my friends may need it in the future.
  9. C

I know, that's why I said "for the same reason". :) Well, that's it.
  10. C

Well, finally some review said it! I never enjoyed DX3 in HP out for the same reason: low dynamic and impact IMHO. That's why it's a paperweight for me now.
  11. C

Hmm, I am little bit concern about this now, I kept my dac/amp running 24x7 for 5 years already and it's still working fine, I thought I will never hear a temperature related concern on any solid state amp.
  12. C

Yep, you are right, I seems be to one of the bass-head who is trying to deny it all the time :facepalm: Rip my taste ~~ :P
  13. C

Well, I got more dynamic from a $50 dac/amp than the well measured Dx3pro, but it's definitely not as clean as it . They say the AD chip is more dynamic than the AKM in DX3. Honestly I am not very happy about it, but it's no one's fault because people's preference is different. I think enough...
  14. C

Same 1808 here, ~6 hrs/day, mixed use, about 1 random shutdown per month. No other issues.
  15. C

Hmmm, I didn't see anything above 384khz... Did I install things wrong?
  16. C

Hi Finney, sorry to ask a noob question, what do you think will help to boost the bass on DX3 more? Change the OPA or change the Caps for it? If is the caps, any recommendations? Sorry I knew you mentioned few days ago, I just can't find it in the thread. I was listening to some tracks I...
  17. C

Just curios, some suspect DX3pro can't handle hot working temps, could I ask do you live in a rather warm state?
  18. C

Thanks Finneybear, I am using GS25U15 from Meanwell, ripple max at 100mVp-p. I haven't tried DSD256 up-sampling yet, but I could say I can't hear any crackle in DSD records I have, also they sounds great when using DX3 native decoding. I will try DSD up-sampling later, but if clock gone wrong...
Top Bottom