Search results

1. D

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD 203 (the best, despite the earpieces that break down, replaced by the protective pads) and a Koss Phase 2+2. Also for the computer those loaned by the airlines (for the premium seats they do not enjoin to return them!) that I forgot to give back. I had to solder a mini jack to it...
  2. D

Active is better sounding than passive

First measure each speaker (preferably professional models, much stronger than "hi-fi" and always cheaper -except TAD cos they're crazy-). In an anechoic room or outside. Then design the filter. Then we can talk. In the past I had a pair of active ones (ASD Dudognon then servo sound) but the...
  3. D

Stereophile cable review

Normal, it's pure entertainment. But they could. In fact, they are excellent. Like any $1 cable. Now I wonder why hifinews still publishes those of the cartridges (which are catastrophic).
  4. D

Most idiotic subjective review comments

You win again my friend ! & don't forget : "Another Proof- My second associate and I discovered that it was much easier to hear most of the sonic differences between the B and A after the tonearm cable was replaced by the Reference cable. Before the switch, the B's strengths were being...
  5. D

Never turn off any digital equipment. It usually takes around 2 days of playing for it to "break in" and sound optimum. Once turned off, you have to go through the entire cycle all over again. Accordingly, do not judge digital equipment unless it has been on and operating for at least 48 hours...
  6. D

What about hardware EQ nowadays?

That's why I treasure my Marantz EQ 130 (graphic) and my Sintron SAT 24 (parametric). I can't do that as well with Audacity.
  7. D

"This new platter also incorporates new alloys to minimize any residual colorations. Based on my own [... ] knowledge, he spent years of experiments to find the optimum combination [... ]. The [... ] transcription platter also has extra weight at the outer rim, which provides even greater...
  8. D

Mobile Fidelity Analog Vinyl Controversy

1) There will always be crackles if you push the volume -I listen loud- & 2) I only copy non reissued discs which are extremely scarce in good condition -if you find any-, sometimes thousand of $. The effect of wood glue is much lower than that of the best cleaning machines such as Clearaudio...
  9. D

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Don't feed trolls & he'll move on.
  10. D

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

I would say 99.9 especially if you are an analog fan because there has been a significant price increase in this particular area with no relation to "performance".
  11. D

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

The speakers must not be very good.
  12. D

Whatcha think about "pro" amps from Crown, QSC, etc?

I've an old EMB 400W/ch. But no cinch inputs.
  13. D

A Call For Humor!

Is it Thurston Moore (left of course) ?
  14. D

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

What are the speakers used ?
  15. D

CD player-Preamplifier-Streamer, All In One

T+A : always love this name. Commercial suicide.
  16. D

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

The vinyl brings a decorum to a stereo or home cinema system, with large covers finally readable and color wax. That's all. The same people who find it better than any other medium (even the master tape) curiously don't regret cathode-ray televisions and VCR, pre-recorded cassettes or 8-tracks...
  17. D

They still use RTR b&w VCR & 8 track in their cars !
  18. D

The difficulty of digitization of vinyl results from the suppression of the crackles. Is there a simple software for this ?
  19. D

You'll get your money's worth (& black backgrounds) with a $16,000 cartridge!
Top Bottom