Search results

1. S

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Agree with the above post. Actually any amp with a Powersoft module would be on my wishlist. Additionally, I would be very interested in the test results of an Aurender DAC. I have had the chance to audition an Aurender A10 and (subjectively) it had the most beautiful midrange that I have...
  2. S

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

The reason that I own a 303 is exactly what you say: I used to listen to ESL's. But then I moved to another house where the ESL's no longer fit. So I sold them and ended up with the smallest speakers that still produce good sound (Boenicke W5 SE). I have been on a search for a matching amp ever...
  3. S

I didn't do a blind test, so you are right about that. On the other hand, I did not read any subjective review before auditioning the unit. I always try to avoid that and read the reviews afterwards.
  4. S

That thought has occurred to me as well. To test that hypothesis, I added a tube pre-amp to my setup when I still had the Benchmark. It did nothing to improve music, it only added distortion... Maybe the comparison with reference frequency response is sending the wrong message. What I really...
  5. S

I've had the opportunity to audition the Benchmark AHB2 for a week and it was the best amp I ever heard on all objective criteria: the sound was neutral and balanced, the soundstage wide and bass went extremely low. However, when I had to return the Benchmark, and swapped it for my trusty old...
Top Bottom