Search results

1. Cars-N-Cans

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I have them as well, and really like them :) As with any IEM, tip selection and insertion will make or break the experience, so care is always needed.
  2. Cars-N-Cans

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

And if its not infringement, then it would be nice as these could simply be made as COTS aftermarket components that we can purchase for our own use. A useful thing to have for DIY since they could then come in a lot more shapes and sizes than what Harman has on offer.
  3. Cars-N-Cans

And to be clear, the role of a patent in principal isn't to make it so only you can make it forever and ever, its to protect the IP long enough so R&D can be recovered and some exclusivity had early on. Thereafter, its free to be copied, utilized, or genericified as people see fit.
  4. Cars-N-Cans

The current model on offer seems to be substantially more upscale, with a cost of 14,000 yuan (~$2,000 USD). I, too, would be interested in seeing its objective performance metrics. But given the marginal showing here at ASR of this lower cost version, I suspect that won't happen. But who knows...
  5. Cars-N-Cans

This one is not really the issue, and as far as comments here are concerned seems to be out of production already. If it was what was being sold, my thoughts would have been along the lines of "meh" or "shrug." It looks like a scan speak driver. So what? The current one seems to be a grey area...
  6. Cars-N-Cans

If its a genuine Scan Speak driver despite the price point and we omit the the newer horn version from the conversation, then yes.
  7. Cars-N-Cans

Well, so long as you like whomever made that woofer, then you don't have to worry about IP. It will simply become the only one you will receive in the future. What was it Henry Ford said? You can have any color you like so long as its black? Or in this case with those markings on the cone. Same...
  8. Cars-N-Cans

When its dimension for dimension exact, then I would say a line has been crossed. Simply looking similar or having similar function is not an issue as you say.
  9. Cars-N-Cans

If you want to buy a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy... Then so be it.
  10. Cars-N-Cans

With all due respect there is an inextricable causal link between those two things that is hard to ignore or avoid discussing. If there is at least not something in passing mentioned when such reviews are done, this will come up again. And even more so as more of such products come onto the...
  11. Cars-N-Cans

Yeah I noticed that, too. Almost like they are not actually gated or something. There should be more separation than what is seen, there. Edit: FWIW here are the ones from my S55's, in which the tweeter is similar in its directivity to this speaker (pardon the diffraction ripple @ 5kHz from my...
  12. Cars-N-Cans

Since it potentially makes others to want to purchase these products, some have validly stated if we even should be reviewing these products here at ASR? I would say yes, but I at the time, and now, I think we need to state at the outset that such reviews are strictly for the purposes of...
  13. Cars-N-Cans

I would say in the future since this is bound to come up again when we see overseas manufacturer's products that might bear resemblances to their contemporary counterparts we may want to add a short blurb in the preamble to the review stating that to some effect its strictly to discuss the...
  14. Cars-N-Cans

Serious question: Do you still plan to do the tear-down? Given what we have seen from the outside re: the woofer, it might be a stone better left unturned if we want to not continue down this avenue as you say.
  15. Cars-N-Cans

Post #49 seems to indicate he was a former employee of Harman, though. A thumb drive before hitting the exit interview is all that's needed to reproduce it.
  16. Cars-N-Cans

One aspect to having principals is, you know, following the law ;)
  17. Cars-N-Cans

They have indicated it as “patent pending technology”, at least as far as I know from past literature on them off the top of my head. If it was never granted, then the geometry is fair game. Edit: And you would be surprise what good patents can do. Even something as simple as putting silicone...
  18. Cars-N-Cans

Yes but is there IP on the waveguide profile? How extensive is it? Harman indicates they have been at least persuing it. And yes, reality will naturally dictate certain shapes to things since that is a natural byproduct of physics. But, is the profile a generic one like those on dome tweeters...
  19. Cars-N-Cans

And I could show very convincing details in things I have designed for my past employers since I still have a lot of design documentation and data left over from my work. However, once you leave the company, regardless of if you are the inventor or not, its not your IP unless its explicitly...
  20. Cars-N-Cans

I just wonder if there are IP issues? It is China so that argument is a bit academic since once your IP is over there or in the hands of a Chinese national, it basically ends up with the CCP in some fashion a lot of the time and is copied ad-infinitum.
Top Bottom