Search results

1. L

Permanent noise/hum from Speaker

Hello, solved my problem. It turns out I had DC contamination into the AC. Got a DC filter from Aliexpress for USD 20, no more hum. I hope this helps anybody who tried to solve all other probable causes but hit a wall.
  2. L

The only safety I have are concrete stairs going down to the street. The yellow/green wire is the ground wires summed up at my electical box. connected to air:) I don’t think the earth is connected to any other earth in the building. At the used hifi store, the amp did not have this issue...
  3. L

When I use good quality, shielded RCA’s the amp switches off into safety mode. When I use cheap RCAs at certain random routings, the hum diminishes. Irrelevant to their proximity to power chords. Only the mid drivers and tweeters reproduce humm (Even some faint radio music buried in the hum) I...
  4. L

Hi, Streamer to Pre/Dac to Amp. The Amp is grounded but the ground wire is disconnected in the electrical box of my flat. I tried connecting the amp to phone directly, same humm. The amp humms even when RCA cables are connected free on the other end. The Humm changes pitch when I move the RCA’s...
  5. L

hello. While looking for a solution for my own problem I saw this. I have the exact same problem with the same symptoms. I have identified that RF is picked up by quality RCA cables with good shielding (acting as the perfect antenna) and my buildings ground line is inadequate to drain the noise...
Top Bottom