Search results

1. A

Help with Max desired power from amplifier

Hello all, I have a simple question (I think) to which I have not been able to find a simple answer. I have to change my amplifier and need to restrict the choice to those amps that will allow me to hear at my desired sound pressure level, in my listening environment. My current amp is an AVR...
  2. A

Drivers Frequency Response Database

Hello all, I have been looking for data files on Drivers Frequency Response to be used in Excel or speakers simulation software. I thought it was going to be very easy, but can't seem to find such files. Does anyone know where I can look for them? Thanks in advance for your help.
  3. A

Why do we need Xovers (anymore)?

Hi all, I am reading a bit about sound basics for personal interest, so have lots of questions. Reading about the crossovers (passive mainly, but some about active as well) there seems to be a great complexity and the designs seem really difficult by the Experts own admission. My forecast...
  4. A

Speaker Design: choices vs limitations

Hello all, I am starting to learn a bit about the incredibly huge world of sound science. Out of my ignorance a lot of questions, but one is bugging me the most: Clearly sound waves are 3 dimensional. And I understand we represent them in 2d for our understanding. But why most designs for...
Top Bottom