Search results

1. G

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

Big thanks for your help. This will provide signal where it counts the most for this portion of the system Yeah I aware and realize the value* of filtering at the extremes*. I believe dbx “cuts it” in a more “non-negotiable” way. *prevents the less learned from destroying their gear; 20-20Khz...
  2. G

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

I’m pursuing flat output to or better, below 20 hz. How do I if it’s possible (in the XO section) to disable the “Low” high pass filter? It appears to attenuate at or about 20-21hz. Or which setting has the least affect at or below 20hz Thanks. Tony
  3. G

Different Binding Posts - is it audible?

First I must explain “Drivers in isobaric alignments load the amp differently.” as I believe it’s my fault that what wrote and what you read are not the same. Each of the drivers simultaneously loads the amp differently. OR At any “snapshot in time” the drivers are “separately” loading the amp...
  4. G

I forgot to mention: these are Isobaric subs. I wired the drivers in each sub in parallel from the start, daisy chaining one to the other. The “post mod” short answer is: Half the length - 10’ to 5’. Twice the cables - 10 ga to 7 ga Equals 1/4 the resistance*. Now Bi-wired*… Yeah I know...
  5. G

A black plastic panel of sorts, maybe an 1/8”’thick that, to which has binding posts mounted? We could replace it w/a material much more rigid, greatly lessening if not eliminating the problem entirely. Where is here? I owe YOU the “I’m sorry.” BTW Where do you live or are from? Tony
  6. G

You missed my reply of an example that… …reducing the cable resistance less than 1/6 of .1 ohms (0.0149835 ohms) increased the subs’ out put at least 3dB. I had to turn down the subs to balance the tone - everything sounded FAT! BTW I neglected to mention this was part of a 2 ch home audio...
  7. G

Are you talking about THE binding post itself or the piece, often plastic*, to which the binding posts are mounted? *on less expensive models What’s the membrane?
  8. G

Different binding posts - audible? Well… for sure, lowering connection* resistance* can and does increase volume for even modest systems. (NAD 45WPC amp) or a pair of dual driver subwoofers. *better connections at both ends of heavier gauge cable is a 1-2-3 punch to less loss. 1. When I...
  9. G

I learned recently that brass has about 1/4 the conductivity of copper. This thread suggests any “copper vs brass” mental anguish should be “left by the side of the road” as the diff is way too small to “knot up the knickers.” SQ? I mention this as, unexpectedly from two experiences taught me...
Top Bottom