Search results

1. captainbeefheart

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

That's not at all what I'm saying. You guys understand CO2 in a lab, wonderful. But does that equate to you understanding how the entire system functions? Nope. How do you feel about meridional transport and it's role in the current models and predictions?
  2. captainbeefheart

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

Humans/animals breathe out CO2. Where are the climate cultists cries for population control? Are you going to stop us from breathing? The world has never seen population at these levels does that mean we have to end people? This is the argument you people are giving us.
  3. captainbeefheart

You think a lab is the same as the earth's complexity? Your beloved models aren't perfect either, you can make a model do whatever you want. I posted an article where scientists are speaking out about how meridional transport is not accurately considered in the current "models". The rate of...
  4. captainbeefheart

Right so we have just moved the emissions from a regulated car tailpipe amount to mega sized equipment burning diesel with no emission standards in third world countries. Not to mention the physical damage done from vast mining operations.
  5. captainbeefheart

It's moot if they are rare due to low abundance in our earth or because of the difficulty to mine them. Either way the end result is rarity and high cost.
  6. captainbeefheart

Sea levels have been rising long before cars were invented, since the last ice age actually. It's the fact these extreme predictions, also called scare tactics never come true. The earth climate is always going to be changing, it's not going to sit in any one state for very long regardless of...
  7. captainbeefheart

Not surprising at all. The grid was being pushed to it's limits already and now with EV's it's doing more damage than good which is why they need to ask people to not charge their cars during peak usage hours or they have to literally take them offline in order to not cause blackouts. And...
  8. captainbeefheart

This scare tactic has been said for decades. Yet waterfront property is still there after all the projections that said they were supposed to be underwater decades ago. Oil is plentiful and less costly to extract, why not use it until we have something that actually can replace it? The fact of...
  9. captainbeefheart

A lithium EV battery weighs about 1,000 pounds.a While there are dozens of variations, such a battery typically contains about 25 pounds of lithium, 30 pounds of cobalt, 60 pounds of nickel, 110 pounds of graphite, 90 pounds of copper,b about 400 pounds of steel, aluminum, and various plastic...
  10. captainbeefheart

I listed all 127 individual sources for the article. You can search and find just about all of them online and is a trove of information on the subject.
  11. captainbeefheart

1 Mark P. Mills, “The New Energy Economy: An Exercise in Magical Thinking,” Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, March 2019. 2 National Research Council, Managing Materials for a Twenty-First Century Military (Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2008). 3 U.S. Department of the Interior...
  12. captainbeefheart

Building wind turbines and solar panels to generate electricity, as well as batteries to fuel electric vehicles, re- quires, on average, more than 10 times the quantity of materials, compared with building machines using hydro- carbons to deliver the same amount of energy to society. A single...
  13. captainbeefheart

Replacing an outdated Blu-ray player

Plug the HDMI from Blu-ray player into your television and use the TV's analog output to go to your Denon.
  14. captainbeefheart

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Looking at music theory with intervals might help. Second harmonic is a musical octave, same note just higher. Third harmonic is a musical twelfth, which is a perfect fifth but an octave higher. Playing these intervals on a piano you can hear the difference between them, I'd assert that the...
  15. captainbeefheart

Nuclear Fusion ... Interested? ... This is it, this is the spot to explore ...

1969 New York times "everyone will disappear in a cloud of blue steam by 1989" 1970 Boston Globe "we will be in an ice age by the year 2000" Plenty more cooling hysteria predictions that never came true and then it changed to global warming 1989 Associated Press "rising seas to obliterate...
  16. captainbeefheart

audioXpress article topic suggestions

Went back and had a look at "effects of cable, loudspeaker, and amplifier interactions" by Davis. Page 4 they even state "Well designed amplifiers are not affected by this amount of capacitance, but some amplifiers may become unstable." This was in regard to some of the flat ribbon type cables...
  17. captainbeefheart

I'm not a speaker cable believer and my post came across like that. What I meant to say wasn't differences between normal speaker cables with minor differences in LC properties and sized in diameter and length appropriately. Too thin and too long can have audible differences, other than that no...
  18. captainbeefheart

I personally would love to see an article on stability and some real world testing on popular amplifiers and how it can correlate to sound quality. I think this could account for some of the differences we hear in amplifiers although they may test the same on the bench. The reason for testing...
  19. captainbeefheart

Nuclear Fusion ... Interested? ... This is it, this is the spot to explore ...

This is the same argument given when the climate alarmists don't want to engage in a conversation, they say things like "we follow the science". It's not science that I follow, it's the scientific method. For something as complex as Earth's climate nothing is set in stone and we will continue...
  20. captainbeefheart

What is a "high-end" speaker?

These are all text book or ideal definitions I'm reading here with a few funny one liners mixed in. In today's "audiophile" market the term "high end" only means it's grossly expensive and that's it. There are plenty of "high end" speakers that do not perform well especially considering the...
Top Bottom