Search results

1. W

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

The Topping DAC with volume control looks indeed to be an interesting device. However I am looking to run both audio of my tv and streamer on it. As the devices seem very straight forward I am a bit worried it doesn’t have options to align audio with the visuals. Happy to be convinced otherwise.
  2. W

With a heavy heart I have just returned the device to the dealer for a full refund. Kudos for Hifiklubben and their excellent service. Unfortunately I couldn’t get the connection issues resolved. Tried everything, didn’t work. My Bluesound node 2 has never shown any of these issues which really...
  3. W

Thanks for the recommendation. I had indeed not tried this yet. I just reserved an IP address both for the ethernet and the wifi network MAC address. It did seem to run longer without disappearing, so I was almost celebrating.. .. and then it disappeared again. F#$%!
  4. W

I went wired, problem not solved. Same issue appears, M10 disappears from the app and doesn’t respond to pings. All other devices including a Bluesound Node 2 work just fine. Going to try reinstalling firmware as that is the only thing I had not tried yet as that is the only thing I had not...
  5. W

Thanks for sharing. I had found the option to hide unused source, but not this. Although it is good to have some more options, to be honest I think it is still far from great. “Detailed view” only shows you you that my music is coming from my “library”. Not the file time, bit rate, sampling...
  6. W

Per NADs advice I changed security to auto aes & tkip. Furthermore, I stopped using 5ghz and switched to 2.4ghz which seems to result into better range. However, it looks I cheered just too soon. The freaking thing disappeared from the list again after it went into standby and will not appear...
  7. W

I just made some adjustments to my WiFi router and that does seem to have done the trick. No disconnects all day. Fingers crossed it will stay this way. I will eventually go for wired, but as we are moving I am planning to do this properly and future proved in the next house. Overall I find the...
  8. W

I purchased a NAD M10 V2 earlier this week at a store with a 60 day return policy to replace my c390dd that has driven my Audio Physic Tempo 25's for the past 10 years, but has required 3 repairs the past 3 years and just died again 1 day after the last repair. Although not 100% sold on the...
  9. W

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Exactly the questions I am struggling with today.
  10. W

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Nope, the c390dd already did that 10 years ago. Good that there is something in every range.
  11. W

This is also dangerous to your ears. If you get used to too loud music, at some point the high notes will start to disappear and you'll keep cranking it up even further!
  12. W

Today I went to a dealer to have a listen at the c399 and some alternatives such as the Marantz 40n and Lyngdorf tdai 1120. In my ears the c399 blew the others out of the water on the B&W 702 loudspeakers it was connected to. The Marantz sounded more hollow and the Lyngdorf seemed to...
  13. W

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

Thanks for sharing your experience. Perhaps I should just give it a try. Size of the loudspeakers doesn’t say everything. Yours seem highly sensitive and easier to drive (94db va 89db which is quite a difference on an exponential scale).
  14. W

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am still on the fence on what to do. May decide to send my c390dd back for repairs again and see what the damage would be. Would be the 3rd time in 3 years time and I don’t want to turn this into an annual routine.
  15. W

That is indeed on my short list as well, but as my c390dd has been unreliable the past 5 years having sank a lot of cost into repairs I have become hesitant about a new purchase. Then again, I may also have been unlucky with this unit or experienced early adopter issues of what was new tech at...
  16. W

Less power Lower quality DAC
  17. W

I am highly in doubt to replace my dead NAD c390dd with this thing. It seems great but I am worried the amp is a step backwards. Anyone have experience running this on Audio Physic Tempo loudspeakers and whether it would hit the mark? I would have gotten a 2170 instead but what I don’t like is...
  18. W

Class D amp long term reliability

My experience with class d is that my nad c390dd was very unreliable after the warranty period. My old Marantz sr4600 which was less than 20% the cost of the NAD has kept going for over 15 years, even if it is more complicated.
  19. W

After 10 years with the first gen c390dd and the past 5 years a lot of issues with it requiring half its cost in repairs I am sick and tired of the device and looking for a replacement. My issue is that feature and power wise I keep coming back to this c399, even though my experience with its...
Top Bottom