Search results

1. M

Speaker Sensitivity: Advertised vs Measured

You can see in my other comments that many manufacturers do it differently. The most modern standard is 300Hz-3kHz anechoic, but some do 1kHz and others in-room. And of course many don’t outright state what their parameters are.
  2. M

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Preference Rating SCORE: 5.6 SCOEW w/ sub: 7.5 Sensitivity: 87.6dB (300Hz-3kHz ; spec: 88dB) Frequency response: +/- 2.8dB 80Hz-20kHz Link to all graphs/data
  3. M

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Just to address this issue, if all the “midrange” tweeters are the same as the main tweeter, you can do a large bulk order and many places offers discounts on a sliding scale (10-100, 100-1000, 1000+).
  4. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I think this thread should just be frozen/locked, it’s not going anywhere (almost every recent comment could be merged into the thread about litigation).
  5. M

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I think a big divide comes from what people think it should cost. For instance, show a couple people a picture of the Focal Grande Utopia EM Evo and I’d wager most people won’t guess over $5k despite it retailing for $280k. Even going more realistic and sane, if you show them a Revel F208...
  6. M

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Yeah, as someone who computes the scores you can easily see how just a difference in directivity changes the score a decent bit. I‘d say for a traditional speaker, +/- 2 or thereabouts as a margin like be considered (meaning don't discount a speaker that scored a 5 in favor of one that’s a 7...
  7. M

MSRP is $998 per pair, 2 of the 4 finishes are available for $948 per pair.
  8. M

It’s a near-field and non-anechoic measurement I believe; all that matters is relative difference though.
  9. M

The SIERRA-2EX V2 is $1648. EDIT: Hmm, it jumps to $1698 on the product page vs the product offering gallery page.
  10. M

Preference Rating SCORE: 6.0 SCORE w/ sub: 7.9 Sensitivity: 81.8dB (300Hz-3kHz ; spec: 83dB) Frequency response: +/- 2.7dB 53Hz-20kHz
  11. M

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

A trend I notice in the measurements for the Meta variants is slightly wider dispersion, which has always been a negative for some people; not much wider but wider nonetheless.
  12. M

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Preference Rating SCORE: 6.2 SCORE w/ sub: 7.5 Sensitivity: 89.8dB (300Hz-3kHz ; spec: 90dB) Frequency response: +/- 4.5dB 46Hz-20kHz ; +/- 4.4dB 80Hz-20kHz Link to all graphs/data
  13. M

Driver grilles - effect on sonics?

I have an uncle who subscribes to your usually audio magazines and is into both home and car audio, he came over and asked me to take the grilles off my center (Infinity RC263, whose grille to me seems well designed, the tweeter portion doesn’t have the plastic structural pieces for instance and...
  14. M

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

No, it just means I ignore bass for the score (as if you cross to a sub then the speaker’s bass doesn’t matter).
  15. M

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

I do both of those. Work smarter not harder.
  16. M

Click on my profile :) I’m 28, so getting out of the “young” category, but still.
  17. M

My yearly traditional of seeing if I’m the youngest person there. And if any room could play music from this century, that’d be nice (Bad Guy by Billie Eillish and Stronger by London Grammar being the only exceptions, I probably heard each song at least 4 times every year I’ve gone). Last year...
  18. M

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Didn’t, you know who, measure this line of Wharfedale and it performed better with the grille (it removes the effect of the baffle Being recessed)?
Top Bottom