Search results

1. A

It seems my ears are not made for IEMs, as I have sealing issues with every single IEM I've tried - any advice?

These are far too few to conclude your ears aren't made for IEMs. Try other IEMs as well such as Truthear NOVA as they have even better shape and grip than Zero. Also do tip rolling and not just using stock tips. Dunu S&S are pretty good tips for starters or some big ass Penon Liqueur tips.
  2. A

I need IEM advice

Why do you need to use IEM instead of headphones? I don't know about games, but maybe Truthear NOVA would get you more spaciousness. Sound Rhyme SR5, if you don't want Harman target.
  3. A

Have the Truthear Hola been discontinued?

They're really sold out huh? Maybe they just aren't profitable? You should try some equalization on your Zero Reds. https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/ There you can find some for red, I'd recommend the Oratory target which is even warmer.
  4. A

Truthear OE for 2024

Any news about the headphones? Hopefully they'll be big enough. Most headphones are too small. :eek:
  5. A

Hidizs MP145 IEM Review

Are there any instructions how to use https://autoeq.app/? I tried an Oratory Target CSV, but the resulting EQ settings were horrible. Something must have gone wrong.
  6. A

Current Best under $300? 7hz Timeless AE?

Penta sucks. Ootb a lot of other cheaper IEMs like Zeros sound better and clearer. However, with EQ they suck less. Could be because it's not easy to get a proper seal on Penta. Though it's not worth it to waste much time.
  7. A

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

I also think so. Oratory Target is a good start. Another one fearing the package. :D
  8. A

Better not to play doctor yourself. :eek:
  9. A

Just clean your ears and the inside of the eartips more often. I use a cotton bud, cut it in the middle and use the thin sides to remove ear wax from tips. When you store the IEMs back into the case, let the tips face the bottom so less dirt will go inside.
  10. A

Oh my word! TOPPING is about to release an IEM!

Move along, it's just a rebranded NOVA with some switches!
  11. A

Current Best under $300? 7hz Timeless AE?

Do you eq those on PC? Is the cable like Moondrop May DSP? Almost nobody writes about 1More Penta.
  12. A

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

Too expensive for a single DD IEM. You're better off to buy NOVA.
  13. A

Planar Magnetic open back headphones for Mixing/Mastering under 1000$

I don't do studio job, but listen to lot of electronic music. The HE1000 Stealth is very energetic and not laid back.
  14. A

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Are the pads smaller than HD560S?
  15. A

Planar Magnetic open back headphones for Mixing/Mastering under 1000$

Hifiman Arya Organic and refurbished HE1000 Stealth are good headphones. Distortion measurements are not helpful unless you are listening over 110dB. I think those Hifiman headphones require equalization, but that's not difficult to do.
  16. A

Policy Change for "Desperate Dealer Forum"

It was meant to be an appeal. Could you tell me the reasons you can't / don't want to implement that? Not enough trade activity?
  17. A

Policy Change for "Desperate Dealer Forum"

What a BS system where normal users need to donate in order to post selling threads. I better be selling on Head-Fi where there's a feedback system to build trust. If you ASR admins are too lazy to implement a feedback system, I'm not going to donate anything.
  18. A

Add Me to the List of SMSL Fans: DL200 Has Arrived

Try using the bluetooth input. I would be interested if it works stable over time.
  19. A

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

You're wrong. I got a SMSL device which failed. You might be lucky, I am not. Or it could be some models are better designed and manufactured than others of the same brand.
  20. A

New SMSL SH-X Headphone Amp/Preamp

LOL their marketing and/or designers failed hard!
Top Bottom