Search results

1. T

Great "live performance" recordings? (any genre)

https://www.discogs.com/release/4631173-Nine-Inch-Nails-Live-Beside-You-In-Time This recording is amazing to hear and watch for me. Puts me right in the the center of the concert. And on the other end of the spectrum: https://www.discogs.com/release/6563377-Diana-Krall-Live-In-Paris
  2. T

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Revel F208 Audiophonics Hypex NC502MP based amp. Truthear RED IEM - nozzles too big for my ears though. Topping DX5 DAC
  3. T

Reference Quality Electronic Music

Swedish House Mafia - Paradise Again........I see Tourist mentioned, the gold standard of that genre.
  4. T

Amp and Sub Recommendation - Revel F208

Not really recommended, lol, it just showed me how the subs were able knock out some pretty big dips in the FR at that XO point.
  5. T

I'll also share I had been running my F208's on a Parasound HCA-2200II amp and after the 3rd repair in five years, decided to give the Hypex 502MP from Audiophonics a go, and it has plenty of power. I do wish I had a 3 channel amp, but my Yammy RX-A3080 seems power the C208 and S206's just fine...
  6. T

I have them for side surrounds in my 5.1 system with LCR 208's. I mean, they work and make the surround sounds, lol. I had Paradigm Studio di-poles before, and these are bi-pole. Both worked well for enveloping sound in movies. My concern for the surrounds weren't for music playback, but they...
  7. T

Acoustic curtains

I decided to buy some custom sized "soundproof" curtains to help with reflections and slap echo. Besides the noise reduction claims, there wasn't anything else scientific posted about them. I can say they are very thick, seem well made and do help with the slap echo I had in the room quite a...
  8. T

The state of the art class D AUDIOPHONICS HPA-S600NC and AUDIOPHONICS HPA-S400ET sound different, though there is a caveat here.

Since I've wasted my time reading this........I'll at least let you know your post helps nobody and you clearly don't know the audience.
  9. T

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

These are only the second pair of IEM's I've ever purchased. I put some Spinfit tips on them to compare, the same that provide a great seal on my iBasso IT01's, and my ear canals got warm fairly quick while trying to do some listening comparisons. Not a comfortable feeling. I guess between the...
  10. T

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

Ha, I have mine crossed over at 100 Hz for smoother in room frequency response. It was hard to do, but the measurements don't lie. The 2 15" Rhythmic subs definitely add a little extra, but I have no problem throwing the AVR in pure direct mode if I feel like it.
  11. T

Audiophile music player for Windows/Mac and your opinion...

Old skool simple here.......Winamp with a WASAPI plug-in for output. Milkdrop visualization spinning on the 82" TV while sipping a beverage.
  12. T

Wanted: 2 Chromecast Audio devices

Hi, Looking to pair up 2 different AVR's in house with the same audio signal via my phone or HTPC. If you have toslink cables to go with them, interested in those as well. Send me a PM with price. Thanks.
  13. T

Class D amp recommendation

I went with the Audiophonics NC 502 model on the cheap. So far, so good.
  14. T

Do NCore have buzzing noise?

Got my Audiophonics LPA-S500NC today. Relay clicks for on/off and it is silent at the unit at idle, and nothing noted during a listening session. I can hear the faintest hiss at the tweeter of my speakers with my ear about 3" away. Connecting a trigger cable to it from my Denon X4700(connected...
  15. T

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

So what I am seeing is that if I'm just running Dirac Live Processor, any of the audio options make me pick a bit rate to output audio, and keeps it at that rate similar to Windows DirectSound. If I select ASIO, the software errors out and closes. Anyone else experience this? Noting above...
  16. T

Improving a HTPC audio chain.

Ultimately, it seems I'll work on getting the best room correction to improve sound. I know my software playback options that can present an unmolested audio signal from the PC, I can stick with the Yamaha AVR for DAC and bypass YPAO, if software Dirac works out. Otherwise I give up on software...
  17. T

I've have/used the HC version, and see this is more actively developed. I really hope they revive Winamp as has been stated. I'll keep going back to it because.....Milkdrop visualization. I thoroughly enjoy it with my music. It is amazing that there is still no modern software that can best it...
  18. T

I've just done room treatments about a month ago after repainting the room. Bunch of 4" panels form ATS and Acoustimac, and changed vertical blinds to some "acoustic" curtains. It was a nice reduction in flutter echo and decay times, but the frequency response wasn't improved much. I'm not doing...
Top Bottom