Search results

1. K

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

thank you for thinking with me, I appreciate that, I actually hear on smsl su-9n that "Tube 3" is the darkest{warmest?] sound of the soundfilters, so there is a difference, I hear also difference between my dac in my marantz cd player{cirrus, is brighter} and the smsl su-9n and arcam r-dac, are...
  2. K

ok thank you, so the smsl d300 is not so thin as the other smsl's?... maybe bit thicker sound and maybe bit warmer? what kind of dac is that you have with dual wolfson?rega?
  3. K

...thank you for your reply, not looking for a dac for my pc but for my hifi-stereo set between amp and cd player and I tought a dac with tone controls/filters could be my solution to create a warmer sound and thicker highs in my stereo-set up, but now after a couple of days I think my arcam...
  4. K

Thank you very much for your interesting story, only in pcm brickwall and sound color tube 3 I hear difference and sounds warmer than the other combinations at first sight, I think now a little bit warmer than my former dac Arcam r-dac, but I am just listening 2 days, so I was curious how others...
  5. K

....not easy to find and can't buy that dac here, but thank you!... but maybe the smsl d300 sounds warmer than the su-9n, I thought with the filters you get a warm and full sound, but anyone has experience with that d300 dac? ...has a ROHM chip, something different..
  6. K

I'm still testing this one....
  7. K

Thank you for your reply but which dac are you thinking of that can make my analytical sound system sound fuller and warmer?
  8. K

..just have this dac for 2 days and actually bought it because i have a clear thin sounding analytical sound system and want to achieve as much warmth as possible and a lot of bass in the soundstage and fuller tones in the highs and this dac has a lot of tone controls so..now I have pcm sound on...
Top Bottom