Search results

1. Talisman

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I had never used kickstart, today I created an account to support this project. Normally I don't like to put money forward but I want to help Fosi as a company and its policy of listening to users and collaborating. Just a question. When creating the account I was not asked anything about the...
  2. Talisman

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

If I wanted to represent a flac file of a piece of music using a (very long) series of glasses which when filled more than half represent a 1 and when filled less than half are a 0, would it be an analogue or a digital signal? What if I told you that a DAC capable of reading glasses of water...
  3. Talisman

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

Take a photo with your dac and today's newspaper or I won't give a cent of credit to your words. I'm on this site because I don't trust words
  4. Talisman

But the point is that at those synad levels it is already practically impossible to hear anything.... Sinad is not an infinite parameter of sound quality, a Sinad of 140 does not indicate a "sound quality" better than 100. Once distortion is so low and noise cannot be heard from the listening...
  5. Talisman

New Fosi Audio V3 Mono vs Topping PA5 II vs Topping PA7 (inc. 'Plus' versions)...and Aiyima A70

Quite simply there have been a myriad of problems with various Topping products culminating in the disaster of the first PA5 and customer service, and virtually no complaints about Aiyima and Fosi. I would say there are no strange conspiracy theories to apply. People give more trust to brands...
  6. Talisman

Audio Note speakers

:facepalm: If you're serious, I suggest you go back to a middle school physics book
  7. Talisman

Audio Note speakers

If you could hear a difference do you think there would be different measurements between the two cables or do you think you are hearing things that can't be measured? I always hear about these tests anecdotally but I never see them performed and documented properly
  8. Talisman

Can you hear any audible difference if they are measured as audibly transparent?

Let's get back to the topic of training. If you ask this question to someone who understands, they will look at the image carefully and knowing what to look at and how to look at it, and then they will tell you that no, they don't see any differences, and it will be true. If you ask a distracted...
  9. Talisman

Can you hear any audible difference if they are measured as audibly transparent?

I would say no. my instinctive perception tells me A, my knowledge and logical perception tell me it is B, not that it should be. My tests trained to know what to look for and how to look for it confirm B
  10. Talisman

I would have said B, not because my instinctive perception is that but because I know the visual effects and the ways in which our visual perceptions are deceived, so even though the sensation is of four shaded blocks, I already knew that objectively they were monochromatic blocks Ps If instead...
  11. Talisman

Audio Note speakers

There is nothing wrong with liking speakers that are colored or not perfectly measuring. I love klipsch despite its flaws. But from the designer's point of view, to say that they adjust by ear because the measurements don't tell enough is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion
  12. Talisman

Audio Note speakers

One realizes how ridiculous these discussions are only when they apply to different fields. A) MEDICINE Our results are not based on double-blind analyzes or sample studies, we experiment with the drugs personally and feel what they more or less convey to us, am I feeling that my blood pressure...
  13. Talisman

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Best wishes for your recovery, happy that everything went well, precious and very useful advice to keep in mind. We all always feel that things happen to others, but they don't, and having the awareness that this can happen to us too can save our lives, as in your case. Listen to good music and...
  14. Talisman

It is only relevant to people interested in this, and I suspect they are not the majority on this site. I think most people just want to make sure they get the (very good) performance of the original tested design with the components installed by default.
  15. Talisman

@AdamG Would it be possible to create a dedicated thread for replacing opamps? Because this thread is really terribly watered down by a topic that is only of interest to some and which essentially has little to do with the fosi v3 mono itself
  16. Talisman

Upsampling 16/44.1 collection a good idea?

I come in just to ask what the heck there is to comment again and again on a thread like this, which keeps coming back to the homepage.... No. Upsampling makes no sense for listening, it wouldn't make sense even if it were actually real data, let alone like this. Hardly anyone could recognize a...
  17. Talisman

Survey for Master Thesis: wireless earphones

I take the test as a cue to say something. I hate, I literally HATE apps... Nowadays there are apps for everything and I think this is leading designers to laze around, any setting or control is inserted "later in the app" instead of making an effort to design and ergonomics to understand how to...
  18. Talisman

The problem is users who always have something to complain about. When the za3 came out it was reviewed after a while and there was an avalanche of criticism for not sending the device first to have the review immediately upon release. Then, to guarantee the review upon release, the company...
Top Bottom