Search results

1. S

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

I think if someone says that they prefer the way that a poorly measuring component sounds in their system, that's a legitimate statement of personal taste, whether the anyone else agrees or not. However, if they say a component that measures poorly is objectively superior to components that...
  2. S

Do you have any links about this? I'd like to read more.
  3. S

His statement immediately preceding that graph said, "I suspected the output stage may be saturating so ran a sweep". Did you not read that? If your question is why did the output stage saturate, then that's something to ask the designer(s), because I doubt Amir received a copy of the circuit...
  4. S

I would expect an explanation for its marginal showing, whether it's a sample-related issue or the result of specific design decisions, to come from the device's maker - not the person performing the test/review of their product. If they can show that there were procedural issues on Amir's end...
  5. S

Yes, he's lazy, that's why on any given week, he manages to post 4-5 product reviews despite also having a business to run during the day. Based on the vitriol, I'm guessing that you must be a MH-DA005 owner, or Amir drank the last of your milk and left the empty carton in the fridge.
  6. S

I suspect that Luca will find a way to pin that on you, too.
  7. S

Good luck with that, hopefully they'll do the right thing.
  8. S

That would not change the fact that he had a factual basis for his initial assessment.
  9. S

There is a documented failure to meet their published performance specifications, which were a material basis for your purchase, right? Request a replacement under warranty, and see if @amirm is willing/able to measure that one, too. If the replacement also fails to meet published spec, then...
  10. S

That the guide is "quite simple" does not mean that it is accurate relative to the firmware currently in the device, or even that the process reliable. Documentation, and its regular maintenance, is where many companies fall short (looking at you, Microsoft.) Yours is probably the most...
  11. S

it should be put into a museum, but kept out of a sound system
  12. S

Two possible reasons that come to mind: auditory acuity - some people, particularly younger people, have better hearing than others so they may pick up on things that (dis)please them listener preference/bias - it's perfectly fine to say I prefer the sound of "X" over that of "Y", but that's...
  13. S

Do you often find that your calculators produce different results after they've been broken in? For an audio component, the best it's ever going to perform is when it's brand new because, from a chemical perspective, it's all downhill for the capacitors from there on.
  14. S

@amirm in cases such as this, where a newly purchased device tests poorly, do you ever hear any follow up from the member as to whether or not they ended up returning the device?
  15. S

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

Reach out to VTV, because I'm not experiencing any of the issues that you've experienced (e.g. standby distortion, power switch pop.) I've turned mine off & on several times before doing a little re-arranging of cables and haven't heard anything. Did you post your inquiry on any of the DIY...
  16. S

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

I agree, considered discourse is always preferable, but when someone comes at you with snark and unsupported BS, it warrants a response lest they continue to think that that sort of behavior is okay just because it's over the Interwebs. Moving on from finny things, now that you've had you...
  17. S

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Yup, but only cables and TV mounts are lifetime - everything else is one year as you thought. https://www.monoprice.com/help?pn=support
  18. S

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

Neither said nor implied any such thing, but your cognitive ability seems to leave you swirling around that particular drain. Do you think that the fins/pins on a heat sink are "just decoration"? Is NAD attaching "finny things" because they had a bunch of them sitting around that they needed...
  19. S

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

Not to be pedantic but, as written, that last statement implies something more than affixing yet another aluminum plate to the Purifi module's existing heat spreader*, such as either the attachment of an actual heat sink assembly (like NAD C298 & M28 devices do), or the use of an enclosure with...
Top Bottom