Search results

1. SIK

Loxjie A30 vs NAD D3020 V2

NAD D3020 58w @ 8 ohm 68w @ 4 ohm Loxjie A30 18w @ 8 ohm 39w @ 4 ohm Do you still have the NAD? Otherwise there are other small amps (smaller than the Loxjie) that can put out 100w per channel, I don't remember off the top of my head but I can look them up if you're interested.
  2. SIK

Does the mini-amp I'm looking for exist?

I've also looked into the NAD D3020 (V1) vs the Loxjie A30, it appears the A30 puts out 18w RMS vs the D3020 at 58w (both per channel) according to what I could find online. D3020 V1 58w @ 8 ohm 68w @ 4 ohm A30 18w @ 8 ohm 39w @ 4 ohm Btw I bought the D3020 for AU$200 (US$127) used, the...
  3. SIK

Loxjie A30 vs NAD D3020 V2

The D3020 V1 has USB input, the V2 doesn't but has phono instead where as the V1 doesn't. Absolutely love my D3020 V1, but love the stereo sound of my NAD AV-716 more althought it's a different beast.
  4. SIK

Suggestions for 2.1 budget amp

Cheers for the info, Jaycar told me the opposite and another company said the same as you but I went with a diffrent amp anyway. I have a preamp on the way and should have a sub in the later half of next month as well if all goes to plan.
  5. SIK

Btw does that current limit into 0.1 ohm and 1 ohm part in the screenshot indicate anything about it? I'm not sure what to make of that part
  6. SIK

The 2N100-2 and 2N100MKII-2 are diffrent models but from what I saw earlier the specs are the same. Nearly every for sale and reviews website I saw when searching for info had a 4 ohm RMS rating and I saw a guy talking of it has a 16-8-4-2-1 ohm dynamic rating as well and he implied that they...
  7. SIK

Coming from car audio it's said over and over that its best practice to have the amplifier rated higher than the speakers to avoid sending clipped signals and damaging the speakers, I assumed it would translate to home stereos as well. I messaged the audio company that acquired the last of the...
  8. SIK

Thanks for the links, the 2nd one appears to be 8ohm and 30w and while the 1st one appears to do 4 ohm it's 25w work channel. Both are less than the SMSL AD18 and my current 2x50w RMS active speakers the set up will be replacing.
  9. SIK

It's ok, everyone has diffrent budgets that's why I was originally looking at the AD18 for $189. I thought something with less features and more power might be around. Unfortunately I'm currently on a pension due to injury which leaves next to nothing after rent and bills. I'm close to Victor...
  10. SIK

That looks pretty good but at $725 it's out of my budget, while googling it I also saw a Yamaha WXC-50 which looks pretty much the same and is supposed to be 105w RMS per channel too but for $400, I'm not sure what the difference is but it's still a bit out of my reach for now too. Maybe one to...
  11. SIK

I'm about a hour south of Adelaide which is (08) for SA, (02) for Sydney/NSW and (03) for Melbourne/Vic. I don't really have a budget, I have a million things I need to spend money on and never have enough. I'm hoping to spend less than $200 and I still don't have that for about 5 days, much...
  12. SIK

Thanks for the welcome, the info and the links. Yes, I don't need a DAC or headphone amp. I just thought of it as a 2.1 channel amp with Bluetooth and through it was 2x80w RMS originally, I had seen it over a year ago on Amazon and added it to my wishlist but never did much research on it until...
  13. SIK

I picked up a pair 100w RMS speakers recently and nearly bought a SMSL AD18 amp for them believing it was 2x80w RMS, however I stumbled upon the review for it by the admin here via Google and it seems to be around 2x40w RMS and didn't get a great review either. I'm looking for a budget amp...
Top Bottom