Search results

1. S

XSA Labs Vanguard Speaker Review

And having an Idea of the crossover network would be great, too. I doubt that the used XO is performing what the intention of the developer was... The prototype of the speaker shows a 5.0mH Inductor. This is nothing I would expect in a 2 way bookshelf speaker...
  2. S

100% agree! I really appreciate if manufacturers or developers take part in online discussions about their products. But due to tons of sarkastic comments it is not fun at all... I'm skeptic about the "off spect drivers", too. Especially because of the pictures of the crossover network, that...
  3. S

3D printing desktop speakers. Thoughts?

Sorry for the late reply, I missed the notfication by mail. Material is PLA, nothing special. I would recommend to use PETG, as I would expect a better damping than PLA shows. The box resonates around 300Hz. Applying of at least 2mm of Aluminiumbuthylene helps to reduce the resonances...
  4. S

A "S. Harsch" Crossover would mean to use a 4th Order Lowpass XO combined with a 2nd order Highpass XO for the tweeter. This is used to block out the cone breakup of woofers. Inverting this principle does not really sense for me and with the shown number of parts, here could be such a type of...
  5. S

3D printing desktop speakers. Thoughts?

I guess there are quiet a lot full range speaker designs on thingiverse. But creating an own design is more interesting (although more challenging). I recently designed this 2-way desktop speaker with two unusual drivers with glass diaphragms. It would be straightforward to use an active...
  6. S

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Not bad. I would very interested to know how an E30/PA3s combo performs compared to the MX5.
  7. S

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

So true. Staying in the same power category like the Naim I would really like to see a comparison to the Topping MX5. This small device is a game changer for my D.I.Y. speakers.
Top Bottom