Search results

1. M

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

Luckily we are now monitoring those people constantly for their own good:
  2. M

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Ha! The hyperlink bypasses that part. Thank you for the clarification.
  3. M

Where is the discount information? I am having trouble seeing it on the link.
  4. M

My initial impressions after a week, as posted to the Dirac beta support channel (minus potential noticed bugs): Basically, it seems pretty good for less complex sub systems and could get good for more complex systems with a little tweaking. Sorry, no time right now to post measurements.
  5. M

If you please, how did you contact them? I submitted a support ticket and never heard back. I have a DM7 with 2 speakers and 4 subs and am interested in seeing if it improves over my current setup.
  6. M

Schiit Vidar vs NC502MP???

I have both. Sound the same to me. Vidar 1 does not have auto off. Vidar 2 has buttons in front. Both have 5 year warranty. Same warranty is available on some of the hypex modules.
  7. M

Topping Purchase from Amazon Problem?

I have bought topping dm7 from Amazon from hifi college the box foam looked like someone spilled coffee on it but it worked fine. I sent it back still and ordered another a few weeks later from them. Neither box was wrapped it works fine. I bought pa5 from apos it was also not wrapped. Works...
  8. M

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

I am having trouble finding anything pointing out problems with this mic but maybe I'm not searching correctly. I have seen this mic recommended time and again and I have recommended it so please point me to what you are referencing. Thanks.
  9. M

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

This thread kept me from getting a second one and from selling my backup schiit vidar but my pa5 is still kicking out the jams.
  10. M

Mic for REW or MultiEQ-X?

Fwiw I have spent a month of Sundays listing to what I want to listen to with these setups on my denon 4700 9.2.4. I used the audyssey denon x4700 setup first. Used like this for a few months and loved it. I found I preferred the umik1 and measuring laser for both stereo and surround, and that...
  11. M

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

I would have picked that up but I couldn't find one. I see one on ebay now though. It is more attractive than the sonic imagery unit but I like that the sonic imagery unit has multiple wiring options should that be necessary. It works as advertised though I haven't measured it in any way. I do...
  12. M

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Kind of a tangential answer but maybe it will get you closer. I use trs to xlr with this on the end: Neutrik NA2F-D2B-TX XLR Female to RCA/Phono Socket, Red This is recommended as a second best solution (your sought after solution was third best). Finally I am using this which is a type of the...
  13. M

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

369 plus shipping, which is less than a lot of the proposed options in the dm7 review thread, but yeah if you just turn things on and off right you probably don't need this fugly box on your shelf
  14. M

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

Because of the comments from the engineer behind this in the other thread, and because I use this for 4 subs, I bought this guy which has given me a lot of peace if mind since all my subs are rca: http://www.sonicimagerylabs.com/products/Model898B.html This may be overkill but it is also...
  15. M

Headphones with great soundstage under 1000$

A lot of gamers like the dt1990s Soundstage. I have them, aeon and sundara and it is my preferred for games with positional stuff but I always use equalizer for music as they are a bit bright for me.
  16. M

Does R11 need dual subwoofer?

I have R11s in my office. They can be equalized flat to 20 at most volumes, but because I like bass and my office sucks for reflections I use subs. 1 sub gets me to 20 easy, but my room modes also suck so I use more. I love the r11s and before had ls50 metas. I found I prefer the full range...
  17. M

Worth giving up the miniDSP 2x4HD?

This, and then the other stuff. I jam at work almost all day and I find a few dB dip around 4k or a steeper rolloff will lower fatigue for me significantly. Some more knowledgeable members can likely say your fatigue is not gear related unless you are blasting to distortion, but I am not...
Top Bottom