Search results

1. O

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

I just got the acurus muse + aspeqt
  2. O

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

I do like omnis for rear speakers in a multichannel setup, makes surround sounds more spacious. My dad owns a pair of german physiks carbon which sounded horrendous as 2 channel music listening speaker imo but are pretty impressive as rears.
  3. O

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

I have a TAD micro evolution one and i've been quite a fan of its co-axial tweeter/midrage, build quality, frequency response and measurement are pretty good too. Well, this was dissapointing... To begin with it doesn't even look that nice unlike the me-1.
  4. O

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Love the looks, matching poweramp with sub outs would be end game for a desktop setup.
  5. O

Monitor Audio Silver 100 Review (Speaker)

I can agree with you regarding the impressive bass for its size. I had a rx6 and that too have the same traits, however i do not particularly like how the extreme high's sounded on the rx6 which is suspect has something to do with early cone breakup on the tweeter
  6. O

Mhdt Labs Pagoda Review (R2R Tube DAC)

The large capacitors read mhdt laboratoty lol
  7. O

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

Have you tried the bose 700 ? In my 5 minutes with them , i felt it was a decent upgrade over qc35 ii. But haven't spend enough time for a direct comparison between it and the xm4.
  8. O

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

My ears tell me that the xm4 is better than qc35II . But i've only tested both with their built in amplifiers via bluetooth.
  9. O

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Agree with this. These are 13 ohms headphones , not all amps have enough current to drive this properly
  10. O

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

Will there be review of the mr speakers ether or aeon ?
  11. O

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Mine just arrived. First impression after a few AB sub bass sounds abit more authoritative than on the atom. Might be placebo , since its not blind ab test. I'm using aeon flow open planar magnetic headphones with 13 ohms impendance. Build quality wise its pretty amazing for the price, a bit of...
  12. O

Kanto TUK for PC desktop

Just use equilizer apo to reduce the volume by 9 -12 dbs or until its not too loud
  13. O

Monoprice 605030 Class D Amp Teardown

That fan looks like exhaust (the motor side is usually the direction it blows to), either way an odd decision as exhaust fan blowing down will go against rising heat.
  14. O

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Hi amir , do you have phase response measurements for this dac? Someone claimed more expensive dac have better phase measurements (im skeptical)
  15. O

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

+1 on this. The only cheap alternative i can think of available is the minidsp 2x4hd but it doesn't perform great. A 5.1 or 7.1 hdmi audio extractor would be great. Something that enables using our own dac instead of built in on the blu ray players.
  16. O

Usb c is actually pretty sturdy , i would say more sturdy than small diameter barrel connectors
  17. O

Its said to be confirmed. Scheduled for release October if i recall correctly.
  18. O

I'm interested in pairing this with my nvidia shield tv pro. Does it have auto on/off like when it detects input from usb ? At the very least auto standby?
  19. O

Plasma drivers and other unconventional designs

My dad owns a few. They actually sound great , much better than a few high end speakers i've compared with.
Top Bottom