Search results

1. A

How much delayed sound comes through the cone from the inside of the loudspeaker in a closed box ?

@fineMen , while an interesting read, I did not catch what my quote had to do with your response except for that it has to be related to EMF word :-). If you’re suggesting reaction forces on the driver from back EMF is irrelevant to sound leakage through the cone, tbh, I have no experience there...
  2. A

How much delayed sound comes through the cone from the inside of the loudspeaker in a closed box ?

Talking about how much of the backwave can leak through the cone is something I've also wondered about, actually even more so about large flimsy roll type surrounds that are pretty much acoustically transparent (no back emf to damp these out as well)...
  3. A

Floor Speakers : Illumine HEFA nice measurements inside !

In the works it seems and original design: https://audiophilefr.com/recital-audio-sattele-a-un-projet-ambitieux.html
  4. A

A response from the man himself, nice to meet you Erin :-). Congratulations on your klippel measurements and nice video reviews, I often watch these!
  5. A

This is as dirty as it gets in terms of comparison but, from Erin's video on the R1 meta and the published chart for the Mutine bookshelf speakers, I attempted to draw the -5/-6dB line from non-normalized directivity plots and they would appear to have similar amount of beaming isn't it?
  6. A

Wouldn’t that translate into a production cost for the Focal in the 2-300e range per pair or even less? Their appear to be a comparatively high margins audio brand out there (e.g. high MSRP). Despite the cost savings from large volume sale and own manufacturing (both drivers and cabinet), not...
  7. A

Thanks for this, I had started to watch Erin’s video the other day but got carried away, good reminder :-). For the directivity plots, not sure it’d all be to its advantage but the published charts on Recital-Audio aren’t normalized to on-axis response and the color gradation is a bit more...
  8. A

Their more recent Mutine bookshelf does improve on this and it's probably the speaker I'd have chosen if available at the time: https://www.recital-audio.com/mutine-ex-hefa/#1594740716770-98c1c582-1c51 Myself, I use the Define in a nearfield setup (really unusual for tower speakers but I have...
  9. A

I am using the 2-way model in a small room indeed, no sure I'd recommend them universally in a large room (only limitation being the power handling although the woofers are long throw so might still be ok for moderate listening levels). I've always wondered how one can make accurate far field...
  10. A

Forum lurker here, I do have "20 years of forum experience" but that'd be as arnaud over at head-fi. My first post on this site will be here then, as owner of the Recital Audio speakers (the 2 way define tower), and someone who's been engaging with the manufacturer to discuss technicalities...
Top Bottom