Search results

1. nintendoeats

MT-ViKI MT-431AV 4 Way Switch Review

*Looks over at his Betamax, VHS, PS1, N64, NES...*
  2. nintendoeats

MT-ViKI MT-431AV 4 Way Switch Review

Unfortunately not for me. I bought two 8-way switchers which appear to be of exactly the same design. My intent was to have one to control which device was playing, and one to control which device was recorded to. Sadly, once I rigged the whole thing up I found that there was a ground loop (or...
  3. nintendoeats

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Mine works fine, in Windows and Linux.
  4. nintendoeats

Sennheiser HD 598 SE* Review (headphone)

I can assure you, they were quite unlistenable with the original pads also.
  5. nintendoeats

Chord Huei Phono Preamp Review

Aside from being difficult to remember, those of us who are colorblind do not appreciate using colored lights to indicate things. In practice, nearly all of the colors on that card look similar to at least one (and typically 3 or 4) other colors. What I see is "blue", "white" and "other".
  6. nintendoeats

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Headphone Amp

The answer to all of these questions should be yes. I have never used the balanced outputs on mine, but what you are describing is one of the use-cases the K5 was designed for.
  7. nintendoeats

Sony NW-A55L on Techmoan

I am also hazy about the blinding method, but I guess it would be challenging to do any better without a second person (or a switchbox with some kind of randomizing function...hey, that would be pretty easy actually). The delay in playing the track is also a problem that is hard to ignore. As...
  8. nintendoeats

Sony NW-A55L on Techmoan

Techmoan recently posted a video in which he performed an experiment with a reasonable attempt at blinding. He compared the Sony A100 and A55L DAPs, and consistently found that he preferred the more expensive A100. Link to the start of experiment: What do we think? I generally expect Sony to...
  9. nintendoeats

The Audio Science Review Manifesto???

Basically, other responsibilities started piling up on my head and I haven't quite built up the mental space to start the thing from scratch. Yes I feel terribly guilty, but it is what it is.
  10. nintendoeats

Fiio A5 Portable Headphone Amp Review

Ah, because they still sell that one. Really nice to see.
  11. nintendoeats

Fiio A5 Portable Headphone Amp Review

Like several others, I have had an E12A for several years. I have been very pleased with it, and purchased it because Fiio posted believable test data that showed good performance. It's a shame that they have taken down their old product pages, because I would like to see how their data...
  12. nintendoeats

Dell XPS 8930 RealTek HD Audio Interface Review

The answer is businesses. They can have have 100 built PCs brought to them tomorrow, (not after they have spent dozens of man-hours assembling them and installing an OS). If something goes wrong, they contact Dell (not component manufacturer #996). When they want new machines, they call up their...
  13. nintendoeats

Do you distrust cheap ADCs?

An example, yes. It made me realize my deep-seated pathology. I certainly understand that audio ADCs operate at much lower sample rates than video ADCs, and therefore have very different requirements, but I feel the same way about both. I'd use 50 dollar DAC for audio without much worry, but a...
  14. nintendoeats

Do you distrust cheap ADCs?

I recently went through the process of finding a VGA capture card, and it revealed to me that I have a basic distrust of cheap ADCs. I can post-rationalize this (a DAC is simpler to design AFAIK, capture generally demands higher fidelity than output because you will usually need to post-process...
  15. nintendoeats

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

I certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise, I just wanted to draw attention to the sentence about how the network cannot distinguish traffic. That said, two notes on the article: firstly, it is generally more interested in videoconferencing than Hi-Fi (latency is therefore critical). Secondly...
  16. nintendoeats

I found a couple random Postscript files in my IRIX software collection yesterday. I converted them to PDF at work today, and was surprised to find an article reviewing how many a/v streams could be acceptably transmitted using 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T. It was such a strong coincidence that I felt...
  17. nintendoeats

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/guides/equipment-marketing-violations I'm in Canada, I'm not sure if I can credibly file a complaint. Also, filing a complaint because they failed to obtain certification isn't exactly classy.
  18. nintendoeats

The engineers I work with would find that claim highly amusing.
  19. nintendoeats

While most have enjoyed the new firmware or reported not noticing much difference, a very few of the many people who applied the update have expressed that they do not enjoy the EtherREGEN quite as much with the new firmware. However, they are relying exclusively on their last memory of the SQ...
  20. nintendoeats

Article: Impact of Color on Perception of Loudness

I agree. I think that doing a study like this would be more compelling with a large number of participants who do a small number (preferably one) of trials. For example, just have somebody see a black radio and judge the loudness. There is then no risk that the previous sound that was...
Top Bottom