Search results

1. G

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Anyone knows if the la90d has the same issues as the PA5? My PA5 broke down, luckily audiophonics will reimburse me with store credit. I'm looking for something else to power my ls50 metas but I don't want to experience the popping issue again, being scared to blow my speakers.
  2. G

TOPPING PA7

I have to say I'm quite interested in this one, I've been using my PA5 in combination with the ls50 meta's for some time now and I'm really enjoying it. I had a worse failure rate on active KEF product compared to any topping product I've bought. Not a single topping device has broken on my...
  3. G

Headphone amp you like better than RME ADI-2 DAC's amp?

I just sold my D90/A90 stack because I could not hear a difference with an apple dongle on an efficient headphone like the Ananda. (I don't own any inefficient headphones) Another eye opener was the dac abx test that someone is running here between the FiiO D03K and the Topping E50. After...
  4. G

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

Hmm, I might pull the D90 from my desk to do the job in that case, I'm not very well versed in the impedance technicalities. 1.5Vrms seems a bit low indeed although that way the topping PA5 will not reach it's output levels where the distortion percentage goes up. I could use the output of an...
  5. G

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

So basically instead of getting an e50 dac I should just get this tiny box to feed the Topping PA5 into LS50 meta's.
  6. G

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

I recently picked up the q950's after my kef ls50 wireless system broke down. Now I'm thinking about returning the q950's and getting the ls50 meta's. My amplification for the q950 is pretty bad at the moment (30 dollar nobsound amp) but I don't think I'll ever get the detail, mids and...
  7. G

Check the new Aiyima A300 balanced amplifier out!

The stated specs look incredible. If this one measures as well as the PA5 this might be my next purchase to drive kef q950's. At the moment I'm running a 30 dollar nobsound NS-10G and I have to say it doesn't sound too terrible. Not in the same league as my active ls50 wireless set, but that...
  8. G

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Hi guys, my KEF LS50 wireless speakers broke 1 month after the warranty expired.. I'm never buying active speakers again! Just ordered their Q950 towers to get some more bass for home cinema. Would this amplifier be powerful enough to get a good bass sound out of a tower? Their specified...
Top Bottom