Search results

1. A

Deciding Between NCX500, Purifi Eigentakt and Nilai

Looks like it's tapering off now. Increased the volume for the last half an hour. Temperature climbed a bit more, but it honestly seems to be slowing down. 1.5 hour mixed music (atmos / stereo) - amps : 37.2 C - McIntosh 37.0 C 1.5 hour mixed music (atmos / stereo) - case temp: 30.3 C front -...
  2. A

My ambient is much lower than yours as my room is in the basement. Ambient: 16.3-16.7 C Powered off temp: 19.1 C Powered on idle: 20 C 1/2 hour mixed music (atmos / stereo) - amps : 30 C - McIntosh 31.7 C 1 hour mixed music (atmos / stereo) - amps : 34.6 C - McIntosh 36.8 C 1/2 hour mixed...
  3. A

Mine is in a rack in another room, so I'm not super aware of its temperature. It also sits right above a McIntosh 8207 so I wouldn't be surprised if it actually turns out warmer than yours. That said, I'll run it for a bit today and take some measurements.
  4. A

I still have the shipping details so.. here we go: Left Slovenia: 2/16/2024 Arrived in Kentucky: 2/18/2024 Cleared customs: 2/19/2024 Import fees paid: 2/19/2024 Delivered to me in Chicago: 2/20/2024 That's 33 total workdays from order to delivery in the US minus 4 holidays that happen...
  5. A

I would consider the Lux a premium amp even if it isn't listed as one on their site. That said, my amp took almost exactly 30 working days to ship and there was a holiday in the middle (new years).
  6. A

Yes. I used Cinematech to design and treat the entire room. The room is wrapped in acoustically transparent fabric. Behind the fabric is a mix of absorption and diffusion at locations they specified via simulation. Behind the treatments is a layer of quiet rock sheetrock. Behind that is a...
  7. A

It will when it’s done and it should be done tomorrow. It’s been work in progress for the last few months, not including the 18 it took to build the house it’s part of. The last 2 things I was waiting on are this amp and my AT screen.
  8. A

I also ordered an NCx500 amp from Apollon around December 26th (Dec 29th). It arrived today and goes into my rack tomorrow.
  9. A

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Click the "Enter a different address link" and fill in the details, click update, and it'll give you shipping info.
Top Bottom