Search results

1. J

Polk Reserve R200 Open-box vs New

Exact same with my 4309 :cool:
  2. J

Convince me to not buy 8351b.

Could be. Or maybe not if they really, really enjoy discussing speakers more than the reality of buying them? I jest @Pearljam5000 ! I've had a few in the same room. I've been continually playing with placement of speakers, listening position, furniture, room treatment, etc. My favorites...
  3. J

Convince me to not buy 8351b.

I have been debating an upgrade for a long while. Physical constraints were part of it, so towers were out, etc. Anyway, decided on the 8351b and received them Saturday. First impressions are mixed. Setup and corrected with Audiolense in a 2.2 setup and the tonality feels off to me. Even...
  4. J

WARNING: Geithain - Vintage King Order Problems - USA Customers...Passives next?

Both are not cardioid . No experience with cardioid in my room. Looking at my REW measurements, I really think controlling dispersion from ~125hz would help a lot, but who knows. A very expensive thing to test out.
  5. J

WARNING: Geithain - Vintage King Order Problems - USA Customers...Passives next?

I'm interested in cardioid. Coaxial sounds good. I think MEGs look cool. Out of my budget for now but something I've had on my wish list. Nice reality check here, appreciate the feedback on your experience.
  6. J

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

It is 2 months out of warranty, and I appreciate the advice. To be clear for everyone, my left channel started to stop working even with auto sense off. A power cycle would get the left channel working again...but then the left channel has been stopping more and more often. And power cycling...
  7. J

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Auto sense at times failed to turn on the left channel with my C298. Not a huge deal, it was fairly rare. Last week though my left channel cut out while the amp was still on. Power cycling fixed it. It happened a few more times from last week. And today the left channel stopped working...
  8. J

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Agreed. Always good practice to take talk of future features with a grain of salt. But I feel like with NAD in particular this comes up more than it should, with talk in reviews and forums. Glad I returned my M10 v2 for other reasons.
  9. J

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

I have the 4309 and really like them. These look great, nice upgrades in the drivers. And I've been thinking about how I could get more of what I like about the 4309. Expensive thoughts! I'm running a 2.2 setup with Audiolense though. Don't need some of the features like streaming, and...
  10. J

Sony TA-ZH1ES: A DAC/Headphone Amp with a Sonic Signature?

Really great read, thank you for posting this! I wanted one of these bad years back when I was in to headphones, it's cool to finally see some in depth information. Sony can be so inscrutable with some of their technology. Even though I'm 100% speakers at home now, have no need for this and...
  11. J

Simplest solution to desktop sub bass management?

My main listening these days is at my desk at home with a 2.2 setup. A requirement for me was something physical on my desk with volume control, I didn't want to do software volume control through my PC although going that route I assume would be cheaper. I'm using a Motu ultralite MK5 to...
  12. J

Multi channel DAC for DLBC

I went through this question a while back. I'm not a fan of buttons for volume control. There was the Topping, and the Okto DAC if I recall, but that one was perpetually sold out at the time. The pro audio world looked like it has some products that would work. It was surprisingly...
  13. J

Subwoofer Comparison

Sure. Please take with a grain of salt, others may chime in with valid feedback on why my measurements are faulty or misleading. I'm learning as I go via searching online...and all my measurements have some kind of room correction applied which may invalidate the whole thing. Going from...
  14. J

Subwoofer Comparison

My comment was in relation to other subwoofers in the same room/position, measurement windowed. Not sure if that makes it a more valid data point or not. It’s not the 3000 micro, but Audioholics has group delay measurements for the SB and PB 1000 Pro, if anyone wants to compare vs other subs...
  15. J

Subwoofer Comparison

I have 2 SVS 3000 micro. Group delay looks pretty high on my measurements. I am not an expert and fumble around, so… I do find group delay noticeable, and after spending the last year doing measurements and learning what I can, Im kinda disappointed in the SVS. They do have a lot of other...
  16. J

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

I got the DLBC Beta a few days ago - Flavio was super quick to get me access, which was awesome. Picked up a Focusrite Clarett to act as the four channel DAC. The instructions on how to setup Dirac Live Processor were good and it was easy to get going. First results - I think what I had setup...
  17. J

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Motu M4 looks interesting, but assume you'd have to control volume in the OS to use it with DLBC. I don't think the Motu's volume control works across all four outputs. The Topping DM7 I assume would have volume control across all channels but not a huge fan of buttons for volume. Any others...
  18. J

Dynaudio Heritage Special

No idea if this is in response to my post - I’m not that smart with this stuff. Maybe this is saying ‘first order crossover’ to explain the early woofer roll off? Or maybe that’s me being dumb :p:p
  19. J

Dynaudio Heritage Special

I read through most of the thread, but apologies if I missed any discussion on this. Measurements were linked to from this website...
  20. J

Revel M106 to Revel M126 Be, just made the switch

How do you like the M106 near field? I’ve been interested in Revel but i have my speakers on stands behind my desk. About 1m listening distance. Great choice on the silver, I was very tempted when Music Direct had a b stock pair for $3k!
Top Bottom