Search results

1. D

Sabaj A20h Balanced Headphone Amplifier Owner's Thread

Thanks Veri. Rather than take a chance on waiting for the XLRs, I returned the A20H to Amazon this morning. I've never had any hifi grounding issues anywhere in the house and the new amp was sharing a power strip with a DAC and streamer, both working silently for a long time. It's a pity...
  2. D

Well the A20H arrived, looks great and was easy to set up. But I'm hearing a background noise on all gain settings, louder as the gain increases. It's not a buzz or a hum, more like a constant rapid ticking. Apart from that I like the sound. I'm using the DAC from a Topping EX5 in preamp...
  3. D

I've just discovered the A20H online and have ordered one for delivery tomorrow. £76 from Amazon UK. I've got a pair of almost new Chord RCA cables, but will get some XLRs soon. I'll be using some Meze 99 classics and a Topping DAC. Just curious to see what the Sabaj can do. The reviews seem...
  4. D

Topping SR2 Aluminum Rack

The SR2 is all aluminium (or aluminum if you prefer) and surprisingly heavy. I got one for my headphones system. The feet have a non-slip ring built in, to restrict any accidental movement on a smooth surface. My only criticisms are, firstly, there is no adjustment for levelling, other than by...
  5. D

RCA Cables - got a good source?

Not ideal for you maybe: the company is based in the UK, standard length is more like 16" (40cm) and the colours are not exactly what you want (though there are lots of choices). The owner of the company is very friendly and helpful. I bought a custom balanced headphone cable, which is...
  6. D

Most affordable reference quality 2-channel system that would last awhile?

I'm putting together a compact system for our guest room. OK it's for me too, when I can't use the hifi downstairs. So far I have some Meze 99 Classics and a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp with Bluetooth. I've been streaming from my phone using LDAC but think I'll go for a better source, maybe...
  7. D

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

The EX5 doesn't have a true balanced headphone out or any analogue inputs. The output is balanced, it has both XLR and RCA sockets. The XLR headphone socket has the same specs as the jack socket alongside: as I understand it, it's intended as a convenience for owners with balanced headphone...
  8. D

Thanks Lupin. I don't have anything higher than 24/192 on my laptop so I agree, I was just trying out what the display would show. My question was more about what I should expect to see on the EX5 display: should it respond to show the sampling rate of each track, or only what I set as the...
  9. D

So...I've now tried my new EX5 with a usb connection to my laptop and set it to 32/384 in Windows. The display shows 384, whatever I play. It is still always 96 on bluetooth even though I set the phone settings. Should I be seeing the display change whenever there is a track playing of a...
  10. D

Thank you for that. I'm new to Bluetooth, having recently realised it can be pretty good.
  11. D

Just got the EX5 today. It's the start of a small music system for a guest bedroom, but I'll be in there sometimes when I can't use the main hifi. For now it will be bluetooth only, Amazon Music HD from my phone using LDAC. And only headphones at first. So far I like it: easy to set up and the...
Top Bottom