Search results

1. R

Soundkraft Enigma BT Speaker Review

I wonder how will it perform after removing the grille.
  2. R

Behringer UMC204 HD Audio Interface Review

I'm aware of these, and totally agree. But still, I can get a brand new 204HD for less than 2/3 of the evo4's price (or 1/2 of the minifuse2) without any special discount in my region. I have 4 line out, input INSERT, MIDI I/O, monitor A/B channel switch, and it's totally USB powered. It's the...
  3. R

Agreed with both of your points. But the reality is: 1. Despite the output gain, the distortion happens when the output level in DAW is reaching the maximum. So I add limiter to the DAW output master channel and crank the gain up, and ask the mix engineer to adjust the volume (more gain if...
  4. R

From both real-life use and measured spec, this interface is truly far from perfect. But I still want to share some of my thoughts about the Behringer UMC204HD, from a different perspective as a recording engineer and keyboard player. It's not a terrible product, it just needs to be properly...
  5. R

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

The frequency response is highly related to your space if you are not in an anechoic chamber, especially for low frequency. Room size/volume, room dimension, distance to different walls, the absorption efficiency of each surface(wall, floor and ceiling), etc. Everything is relevant in real...
  6. R

Based on my experience: 1. Space-related problem: Powered(Active) speakers have integrated power supply (most of the time) and amplifier, which will cause much stronger electromagnetic interference to the circuit itself and the speaker driver since they are stuck in a pretty small enclosure. 2...
  7. R

Thanks for your measurements!!! It helps a lot! Clearly, their claim is just saying their speaker can be loud enough and still have plenty of headroom to play with. But they don't take care about the noise floor too much since the first wave will firstly be adopted by big-name musicians and...
  8. R

Yeah maybe you are right. I do think their claim about the SPL and distance on the Reddit (85dB @ 2.2m with 20dB headroom) means you should have a farther distance to the speaker. They did this design with the listening distance requirement in mind. But if the 12dB of noise improvement is...
  9. R

Oh man I just got my LP6v1 for only a few months then the v2 comes. The noise floor on the LP6v1 does bother me a little since I'm sitting in a pretty small space and the speaker is only about 1m away from me. It's OK when it's playing. I'm thinking about selling my v1 then get a pair of v2.
  10. R

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

It's a shame IK have designed this product with such good concept and spec in mind but didn't make it perform well. I have bought a pair of MTM but finally, I returned them because of QC and SW problems. I totally agree with amirm about the headroom problem. Clearly, IK have maxed out the...
Top Bottom