Search results

1. Jkdjedi

Which Integrated Tube Amp - LSA VT-70 or Willsenton R8

inquiry minds want to know I'm on the fence between these two as well
  2. Jkdjedi

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

Thanks... I'll stay put then! It's sounding amazing as is with what I've done so far.
  3. Jkdjedi

I did the ones I mentioned because of the detailed pics that thread had...lol, removing grid stopper capacitor, yeah, if only I knew what that was or what it looked like. So u nds like something I'd be willing to try.
  4. Jkdjedi

Anybody here try any of the simple mods to lift the so called veil on this amp? There's a bunch out there and the two simple ones I did opened this amp up by noticeable margins. The first one I tried was just disconnecting the RCA out (I eventually just took the whole wiring out to be sure) That...
  5. Jkdjedi

Steve Guttenberg says this R2R DAC sounds like Vinyl

This thread is entertainment at best, meant that as a compliment.
  6. Jkdjedi

Shame you didn't test this with a burned in tube, new tubes need to be "baked" in to get rid of the hum, I pull out the power tube and leave the preamp tube connected, leave it on for 48 hours, after that... no hum. And the RAytheon is a very good tube for the monies, ($7) This Tube amplifier...
  7. Jkdjedi

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB28.28 DAC and Headphone Amp

And he tested from the coaxial input, not the usb input, does that make a difference? (to me it appears that it does)
  8. Jkdjedi

"Nothing really broken here other than higher noise floor and sidebands that get somewhat too high. Fortunately audibility of all of this is very low to non-existent so not a problem." Does this mean all these tests are inaudible? I will admit listening to some tracks demonstrated some...
  9. Jkdjedi

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Hey guys... I figured out my "pause in the cause" during playback of any media, Youtube, PC gaming, Tidal, etc. and it had nothing to do with the driver. (Go figure)! Disabling all enhancements within the Windows Sound settings did the trick for me. What I noticed about the 4.47 driver was that...
  10. Jkdjedi

Check it out and see if your hear a difference. For me, it got rid of those awkward pauses midway into tracks, on Tidal and YouTube, I got the mad tip from Massdrop Discussion thread. Seems like it's the latest and greatest Topping driver..so why not? Their reasoning was "TOPPING DX3 drivers...
  11. Jkdjedi

To maximize the potential of TOPPING D10. Use the TOPPING DX3 PRO DRIVERS
  12. Jkdjedi

Been comparing the Topping D10 to the SCHIIT EITR today. WIndows 10 PC/Tidal/ToppingD10vsSchiitEITR/Audio-GD11.28/HD6XX Not declaring a winner, music and sound is subjective, but hoping my notes can shed some light, or not, ;) Round 1 So What-Miles Davis Listening w/ Topping D10...
  13. Jkdjedi

So much for "be ready to be teased" like the top of the website says... :D Anyways... hope it wasn't too bad.. :D
  14. Jkdjedi

Why? O.o think it might go bad or?? Lol...
  15. Jkdjedi

If that were true I wouldn't let that keep you up all night, your home air conditioner constantly running with $400 monthly bill...now that is something to be up all night over, just saying.
  16. Jkdjedi

Thanks for the review or discussion, I currently have the Schiit EITR and that did wonders to boost the bass off my HD6xx cans. Playing off Tidal/PC/Shiit EITR/ iFi Black Label. Would/can the Toping d10 do the same or better?
  17. Jkdjedi

I have the 11.28 and knew i was listening to some distortion...just been in denial..until now!
Top Bottom