Search results

1. teej

Boston Acoustics A 25 Speaker Review

I paid full-retail for these a few years back, and I am delighted to see them get a proper ASR review. I originally went into my local stereo shop in search of Elac Debut's, but he sold me on these instead, and I've been delighted by their performance. A little bright, yes, but also fun and...
  2. teej

Elac Uni-fi 2.0 announced

Last night I listened to the Neverending Story opening credits again, and they still sounded a little strange, but not as bad as I remembered. I switched to the actual song via Spotify and it sounded significantly better. There is still something fishy going on with the AVR. I haven't tried the...
  3. teej

The more I think about it the more that makes sense. I will try a few things, starting with playing that same bit of movie in 2-channel stereo mode. Tomorrow I'll also try running it through the new amp. I'm excited to have an solution...
  4. teej

Sony STR-DH770 in Pure Direct mode, sometimes 2-Channel Stereo. It's only driving the two front speakers and a pair of subwoofers (has dual sub-outs). It previously drove a pair of original Unifi's just fine, and a pair of Boston Acoustics BA25's before that. Never had a problem before. Still...
  5. teej

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

Wow - very surprising to hear. Mine has never had an issue, and I've considered buying another for my garage setup. Glad to hear they took care of you.
  6. teej

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

I also did this. Been my desktop amp/EQ combo for over a year now. Love it w/ the Loki.
  7. teej

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

I run the RCA from the DAC through a headphone amp (currently Schiit Heresy), then out to the amp (or monitors in your case). That way I only have to plug in my headphones to change the output.
  8. teej

Last night we ended up watching The Neverending Story, and I had a realization about the occasional "weirdness" I've heard from these speakers. All the sound effects and dialogue sounded fantastic, but the opening song during the beginning credits, "The Neverending Story" by Limahl, which I've...
  9. teej

Review and Measurements of Schiit BiFrost DAC

I've had a lot of different Schiit gear, too, and it's true that it had never been an issue before. Maybe it was just one version of that particular DAC that slipped through with unsecured sinks.
  10. teej

LOL dang. I picked the wrong one. I was expecting to get an earful about the proximity of that left wall. I've considered wall-mounting, but I'm a bit of an art nut and wall space is at a premium. Once these little boys are a bit older and less prone to breaking my stuff, I will more than...
  11. teej

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

I've been hearing that a lot recently. From my understanding preppers are super into canning, so you've already got that skill down.
  12. teej

I have tried a few listening angles with these. It seems they were noticeably more position-sensitive at first, but somehow a few dozen hours of break-in have tamed this (I've never given much credence to "break-in" but I guess I do now). For a while I had them spread out and angled in, directed...
  13. teej

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

Really enjoy the harvest updates, Amir. My subdivision was built on a hard clay ridge, so planting is a challenge. Do you consider yourself a prepper?
  14. teej

Review and Measurements of Schiit BiFrost DAC

I won an auction for a an older model Bifrost and Lyr a few years ago, and the guy shipped them HORRIBLY, all loose in a box that was way too big with practically no padding or support. They both just rattled around in the box something awful, damaging each other in the process. I ended up...
  15. teej

Sweet little unit. Plug and play for me as well. Had a shootout w/ an SMSL Sanskrit 10, and they're too close to call. I should probably read the manual re: how to change the sample rate...
  16. teej

This is sitting in mailbox right now - itching to get home and start running bits through it! Replacing a Schiit Bifrost 1 and previously a Modi 2. Hoping this one will be an improvement. Also hoping it's actually a Topping and not something else.
  17. teej

I was in the same anti-break-in camp, but something did change. It wasn't me. I'm quite gruff and stubborn.
  18. teej

When I first hooked the UB52's up in my main setup (2.2 home theater) and started playing my tried-and-true test tracks, I hated these things. The vocals were strange, enveloped in an echo-ey, digital-sounding shell that I just couldn't stand. They were missing the "punch" of the original UB5's...
  19. teej

Review and Measurements of KORG DS-DAC-100

Yep - brand new. It may have been 120-ish.
Top Bottom