Search results

1. A

Subwoofer Comparison

Anybody disappointed with the KF92’s performance? For such an expensive sub with 2 drivers, it still underperforms when compared to the sb1000 pro. It’s not even that much smaller when compared to the other 12 inch subs!
  2. A

I need some advice, JBL DD66000,Beolab 50 or KEF Blade One Meta?

What TV did you get? I recently got a 65’ A80J OLED and the picture quality is honestly amazing. If you want bigger the best tv greater than 65’, l think the LG G2 is the best option on the market right now.
  3. A

Qudelix-5K to feed Topping L50 through 2.5 mm to dual 1/4 connectors?

Do you know if the GND connection applies to active speakers with 3 pin XLR inputs as well? For example I want to split a balanced 2.5mm to 2 XLR outputs to feed my JBL 305p. Thank you!
  4. A

Yet another Revel F206 thread

I should’ve haha. Missed out on the deal but on the bright side it means I get to enjoy my budget speakers more before ascending
  5. A

Yet another Revel F206 thread

Someone was selling a pair of F206’s for $800 locally last night. Really wish I picked a better day to sleep early lol. I’m second in line but I doubt the person before me will pass them up after seeing them in person
  6. A

Subwoofer Comparison

Audioholics just released their review of the RSL Speedwoofer 10S MKII. Looks like a great value for $449. Slots right between the SVS SB-1000 Pro and PB-1000 Pro in terms of performance and size.
  7. A

Most Cost Efficient Most Well Reviewed 2.1 Set Up w/ Separates

Those are some really good points, and I especially agree on the point regarding user friendliness. Sometimes after tinkering with my diy solutions all I want is just a single box that does what it does, even if it means I have to pay a slight premium. On the point about too few all-in-one...
  8. A

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

I do wonder if the S16 would also have that dip around 400hz due to the front and back wall reflections canceling each other out, since revel does advertise it as an on wall speaker. But like Erin said not a lot of manufacturers specifically engineer their speakers to account for that dip, so I...
  9. A

That’s a good plan! If you use android I believe you can have system wide parametric eq too, so both of your sources (pc, bluetooth) can benefit from the umik 1.
  10. A

I'm at crossroads.. All in one or separate ?

Hey @ubiq, I believe if you want the full 7 channels (5.2.2) the MRX540 wouldn’t allow you to power the two height/rear speakers with the L/R channel amps. You’d have to buy another 2 channel amp to power them. I know you said you’re just thinking of a 4.2 system for now, but just in case you...
  11. A

If you get the miniDSP Flex you don’t need the FiiO anymore right? So you could combine that with the dac budget for a room correction device that can do bass management and EQ. You do need to pay $75 more for the balanced TRS outputs but they would pair with the pa5 nicely. Where are you...
  12. A

"Bass management" in a stereo system. My take.

I thought bass management meant/included applying EQ to the bass region as well, since low frequencies interact with the room much more and EQing down the peaks can prevent the bass from sounding muddy. Let’s just say you had a large boost at 50hz from your sub and full range speakers...
  13. A

Monoprice THX-365C Center Channel Speaker Review (by Erin)

How does this compare to the RC263? A bit narrower but it’s also cheaper when they actually come back in stock https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/infinity-rc263-center-speaker-review.12442/
  14. A

I need a high power cheap amp

What was your reasoning choosing the vidar over other options like hypex or outlaw? Just seeking feedback before it’s my time to upgrade.
  15. A

Monoprice THX-365C Center Channel Speaker Review (by Erin)

Would the linearity be an issue? Tbf even at 102db it just seems to be a 2db difference
  16. A

Recommended Dacs for PA5

Okay so I know you wanted something a bit cheaper than the su9, but would you consider the miniDSP Flex with balanced outputs? It’s $550 ($475 + $75) for the balanced version, but you also don’t have to buy XLR to TRS adapters anymore for the PA5. On top of that you now have a standalone room...
  17. A

Kef Q150 Bookshelf Speaker (review by Erin)

Yeah I thought so too. Fortunately I don’t hear the resonance in that frozen clip and in general really. Just something in the back of head
  18. A

I wonder if rotating the q150s on to their sides and putting weights on top would help with the resonance issues. I love mine but the cabinets feel cheaper than the Klipsch rp500m’s that I used to have as well
  19. A

I’ve had these for a few months now and I agree with Erin that the treble is a bit hot when listening directly on axis, but that’s also why I listen to them with less toe in. The soundstage seems wider to be that way too. Not sure I necessarily agree with needing a subwoofer though. Compression...
Top Bottom