Search results

1. westyjeff

Should There be Energy Efficiency Rules for Amplifiers?

Not mandated, socially responsible choices make a difference.
  2. westyjeff

Recommend Wide sweet spot speakers(omnidirectional)

Spatial audio, let your room be the box, https://www.spatialaudiolab.com/
  3. westyjeff

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

VU meters always get my attention !
  4. westyjeff

need help choosing headphone amp

Find a THX789, still the best bang for the buck.
  5. westyjeff

Do We Want All Speakers To Sound The Same ?

I think sound is dependent on age, as I have gotten older and the cost of standing next to performance monitors has caught up to me I like the highs to be more pronounced. Bass should be there but does not need to overwhelm the room, mids need to be present and not subdued. To be more on topic...
  6. westyjeff

Amplifier for HD800S

My HD800s sounded best on my Cayin HA300, I had RME DAC, THX 789, some other crazy stuff but always came back to the Cayin for some crazy tube distortion that just made it sound perfect.
  7. westyjeff

Best measuring tube amp

I almost bought a set of the Audiovalve Baldur 300 mono's a few years ago, decided I didn't need a second heating system in the home,,,,,, https://www.audiovalve.info/shop/mono-power-amplifiers/baldur-300/
  8. westyjeff

Favorite Loudspeakers of all time whether you owned them or not

Magnepan 3.7 and or Spatial Audio M3, I like dipole speakers! Paradigm Atom monitors have been great at the desk for years, Kef Q series before that always made me go wow when set up right. I have listened to Klipsch corner horns, I had RF7 once a long while ago, and others at the stereo stores...
  9. westyjeff

Where to buy decent cables?

I purchased a bunch of these, then you just need an adapter to 1/4...
  10. westyjeff

Yup, sure enough, oh well,
  11. westyjeff

Buy these: https://www.amazon.com/Micca-Copper-Speaker-Plated-Banana/dp/B078SBL7JM/ref=sr_1_21?crid=28GLO7IH54O6U&keywords=copper%2Bspeaker%2Bwire&qid=1654727278&sprefix=copper%2Bsp%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-21&th=1
  12. westyjeff

Show us your Cars

Just switched out the Audi A6 4.2 for a BMW 335i Convertible
  13. westyjeff

Aboslute best CHEAP DIY speaker

Something like this would be easy and cheep.
  14. westyjeff

Amp for Susvara?

Here is the best way to break in an audio cable!!
  15. westyjeff

Amp for Susvara?

I had access to the Susvara for awhile, at the time I had massdrop THX, RME ADI2 DAC, Cayin HA 300 tube headphone amp and a Crown 2502. These headphones sound amazing when driven with high current amplifiers, low volume was very nice but they excelled when the volume was turned up! After some...
  16. westyjeff

The kit we bought, our current setups

I have changed up to Spatial Audio M3 and added a Vincent K35 tube amp, wanted to try it. New puppy always helps .
  17. westyjeff

Wild places, post em if you got em...

Hood Canal, WA
  18. westyjeff

VTV Hypex NC1200 Tear Down and Recommendation

I have been watching TV with them for a couple of hours, so low level sound.
Top Bottom