Search results

1. User_22

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

The theory is when everything is fine and not working. The practice is when everything works, but everyone doesn’t know why? :) I practice more. When I set my RMA audio interface to Sample Rate 48 kHz I have about 114 dB SINAD. Sample Rate at 192 kHz remains at about 110 dB SINAD.
  2. User_22

I set the source level to + 6dB. At a source level of 0 dB, SINAD is about 94 dB (My post 200). The measurement was at highs signal levels - the measurement conditions were excellent. Maybe 90 dB is the minimum manufacturer specification to the sampling frequency 384 kHz. At a sampling frequency...
  3. User_22

I checked the PCB. No H / Phone parts installed. In practice, I measured the output of the Poweramp through 470 Ohm resistor. The artificial load was a resistor 33 Ohm /5W. In H / Phone mode disconnects the relays of speaker A and speaker B. There are no separate relays for H / Phone...
  4. User_22

I made a table to remember. I think that will be a summary. Comments are welcome.
  5. User_22

PCM1690 for Main Zone and PCM5100A NETWORK DAC for Z2. When I have a HEOS Main zone and set Zone 2 Source to HEOS is the same. That's how it works. PCM1690 for Main Zone (SINAD 101dB) and PCM5100A NETWORK DAC for Z2 (SINAD is not measured by HEOS).
  6. User_22

I marked 1,2,3 points on the ANALOGUE SOUND BLOCK chart. I shorten those points and check the signal path. At CD input (coaxial), zone 2 Source: source, no signal sent to PCM1690. The signal passes through the PCM5100A DOWNMIX DAC (Point 3). Signal drop shorten only to point 3. Sorry I didn't...
  7. User_22

Yes, post 200 Calibration mode. I connect RMA FIFEFACE Audio Interface Output to Audio Interface input. Testing generator is Audio interface output. Software: SpectraPlus_SC. Testing equipment SINAD is about 108 dB. All OK! You read the measurement incorrectly. I measured only left canal output...
  8. User_22

Modifications made, defects removed, housing closed. An interesting measurement to finish. Input - CD Coaxial. Zone 2 - ON. Zone 2 Source - Source. At the top of the PRE OUT Main Zone. At the bottom PRE OUT Zone 2.
  9. User_22

My google English is a big problem. Let's try to talk with our fingers :).
  10. User_22

You can see everything in the photo. Output directly from PCM1690 Main DAC. Interesting measurements and surprises tomorrow.
  11. User_22

DRA-800H modification done. PHONO input is replaced by "PRE OUT MAIN DAC". The signal is output directly from the PCM1690 op amp. Checked Operating Inputs: CD Coaxial SINAD about 100-101 dB CD Analog SINAD about 91-92 dB (Theoretically without signal) FM Signal of good quality (Theoretically...
  12. User_22

Why force? Heos and so goes through the PCM1690 to the MAIN ZONE. The ZONE 2 goes through the PCM5100A.
  13. User_22

Where there is a Phono input, there will be a PCM1690 output.
  14. User_22

There is no way to measure the HEOS signal quality. It only goes through the PCM5110A to the Z2. I'm thinking of PCM1690 output instead of PHONO input (I don't need it). The PHONO PCB can be easily removed, only a screwdriver is required.
  15. User_22

Would it be good to get information about the DRA-800H firmware version?
  16. User_22

In post 200 I shortened the PCM5100A to ground, the signal in Z2 did not change. I concluded that it goes through the PCM1690. Logically, there is no other way. In addition, SINAD is about 100 dB. Practically what more is needed? I wanted to shorten the ground output of the PCM1690. If the...
  17. User_22

Post 202, shown power at a load of 8 ohms 5 W. At a load of 4 ohms it goes over 150 W. In ECO mode, about 40 W.
  18. User_22

Bias its OK! According to the service manual 36 mA. I did 45 mA, didn't do better. ECO mode only 11 mA. Normally outputs 150W without any problems. Amplifier cold, 8 ohms is hot. At output 5W, the amplifier is hot and 8 ohms is cold. One of the transistors has low gain. The result is little...
  19. User_22

Thanks for the suggestion. Speaker relays checked. Is good. The problem is final transistors. In ECO mode the difference is smaller, about 10 dB. There are actually transistors other than those written on the PCB.
Top Bottom