Search results

1. M

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

OK I understand, I thought it might change depending on the implementation but the implementations are not that different then. I am using only balanced inputs and outputs. The spec has only one value for input impedance, and since it is passive, I guess there are four channels of attenuation...
  2. M

Why 1/4 and why at -6dB (parallel resistance of each half?) ? Do you know the circuit or topology of the attenuator ?
  3. M

Does anybody know the output impedance in passive mode ? I think it is not mentioned in the spec.
  4. M

Do we need a DDC.....? Or is it BS....

I have a similar question, for a more particular case. I was in impression (with SMSL M400 which I was using with Gustard U18 I2S output) that if I2S input is used, DAC uses the clock in I2S signal directly (ie no other oscillator in the DAC is used for audio decoding), so the clock quality in...
  5. M

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I have a question about DPLL setting. Manual says: - When the clock stability of the input signal is good, this value can be reduced, so that the clock performance of the system is better; - When the clock stability of the input signal is not good, the sound may be interrupted. Increase this...
  6. M

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

This is probably asked before but I couldnt find, sorry for the repeat. How is mismatch between se/balanced input, vs. balanced/se output handled ? If SE input comes, only 2x of thx888 amps work and then there is a balanced drive ? and if balanced input comes, all 4x of thx888 amps work but...
  7. M

Best DAC for I2S input

Bit perfect just means the bits in the original audio file/stream arrives to DAC without any modification. This might not be the case if the audio stack (mixer etc.) of the OS is used in computer based playback. If the transmission (SPDIF, I2S) affects the bits, there is a big electrical...
  8. M

Best DAC for I2S input

I dont know if I need it or not, but trying to understand. I asked about I2S because only a few and mostly pro audio gear have external clock inputs, so I wondered if it is also used in this way. Why is it nearly impossible to put an external clock in with the same precision ? If I am not...
  9. M

Best DAC for I2S input

OK, also as far as I understand from different places, other than providing an external clock directly, a DAC is not using the clock in the I2S for DA conversion.
  10. M

Best DAC for I2S input

When I2S input is used, the internal clock circuitry of DAC is not used at all ? So I2S can/should provide a better clock than internal one ?
Top Bottom